Just one simple picture

DennisD

Hi DennisD,

For a look at this picture... What will happen next?

Would be your money on the...1%20(208).gif

shark13tl.jpg

This picture still amazes me. But as for what would happen next? It'd scare the crap out of anyone...till they realize it's just a dolphin. :D I've seen them a few times when I've been out surfing. Very neat to watch, especially when it's a whole pod playing in the waves.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators
This picture still amazes me. But as for what would happen next? It'd scare the crap out of anyone...till they realize it's just a dolphin. :D I've seen them a few times when I've been out surfing. Very neat to watch, especially when it's a whole pod playing in the waves.

Hi Lulu, are you sure that's a dolphin?

I'll bow to your experience, and although it's hard to tell looking through the water, is that not a vertical tail fin? A very scary vertical tail fin. 1%20(23).gif

Hi Lulu, are you sure that's a dolphin?

I'll bow to your experience, and although it's hard to tell looking through the water, is that not a vertical tail fin? A very scary vertical tail fin. 1%20(23).gif

Nope it's not vertical. It kind of appears to be because of the curve of the wave, but if you notice the dorsal fin is highly curved like a dolphin. Here is another image in the sequence from that photo and if you look closely, you will see the tail is flat and horizontal.

D1.jpg

• Moderators
Nope it's not vertical. It kind of appears to be because of the curve of the wave, but if you notice the dorsal fin is highly curved like a dolphin. Here is another image in the sequence from that photo and if you look closely, you will see the tail is flat and horizontal.

That second picture does it alright, although I never doubted you for 1 second. :rolleyes:

That second picture does it alright, although I never doubted you for 1 second. :rolleyes:

Haha suuuuure you didn't. Actually, there's still a big debate about that photo. It made Kurt Jones famous, that's for sure. Regardless of what it actually is in the water, it's still an awesome photo.

Stilll ... it is a big f**ing fish.

I would not wanna be in the water with it until I knew better!

Yeah, they are big. And powerful and graceful and so much fun to watch and swim with. And the best part is that when dolphins are around, sharks usually are not. :D

497xwzo.gif

Here is the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTO8TpdNsQc

Yeah, they are big. And powerful and graceful and so much fun to watch and swim with. And the best part is that when dolphins are around, sharks usually are not. :D

As long as its not one of thease:

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=1649

giant-shark.jpg

fireryone

LOL ew. I have no idea what kind of shark that is, but dolphins can fend off great whites, tiger sharks and even makos, so they may be able to take on that sucker as well. :D

LOL ew. I have no idea what kind of shark that is, but dolphins can fend off great whites, tiger sharks and even makos, so they may be able to take on that sucker as well. :D

According to the site it is a

basking shark. The shark was 9-meters long and weighed over 4.5 tons

fireryone

Oh that's nothing to worry about. A basking shark is a filter-feeder. It basically lives off plankton, small fish and fish eggs. It's also known as a sun fish or elephant shark (because of it's large size).

:lol: ok then :D

just have to dodge its tail :)

Haha good idea. :lol:

I've seen that panda clip before...that's a neat edit on it.

That shark is freakin' huge - if I was scuba diving and saw that, I'd probably faint underwater.

I love finding that random picture that makes your day.

AJ