UNINSTALLATION PROBLEM

qrius2noall

:(

HI THERE !

Iam not able to uninstall the older version of SUPER ANTISPYWARE(FREE EDITION) THE ERROR MESSAGE SAYS:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MsiInstaller

Event Category: None

Event ID: 11316

Date:

Time:

User:

Computer:

Description:

Product: SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition -- Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\WISCDDCBBF1270346BC938BBCC81A1EEAAA_3_5_0_1016.MSI

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 7b 43 44 44 43 42 42 46 {CDDCBBF

0008: 31 2d 32 37 30 33 2d 34 1-2703-4

0010: 36 42 43 2d 39 33 38 42 6BC-938B

0018: 2d 42 43 43 38 31 41 31 -BCC81A1

0020: 45 45 41 41 41 7d EEAAA}

Besides use of regular ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMMES, I have tried to remove it with CCleaner'S UNINSTALL TOOL,BUT THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE POPS UP.

The newer version is also not getting installed because the error message says SUPER ANTISPYWARE IS ALREADY INSTALLED

any helpful ideas/suggestions are welcome and appreciated

CHEERS

• Moderators

It's probably version 3.5.0.1016, well that's what I'm guessing from the name of that .MSI file. Generally reinstalling an application that won't uninstall will cure the inability to uninstall it.

You can download then reinstall SAS Free, then try uninstalling it again. If you still can't get rid of it then we can suggest other things.

Guilty I should have read ALL of your post, forget the about crap I wrote above.

-----------------

It could be an .MSI error, so "perhaps" installing Windows Installer 3.1 v2 will help.

This tool helps remove programs that were installed using Windows Installer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

Not sure that would be advisable as it won't actually uninstall SAS:

Windows Installer Clean Up Utility will remove all Windows Installer information associated with the selected programs, including the entries for the programs in the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Note that the Installer information for that particular program is alone removed, not their files. If you remove the settings for a program that is currently installed on your computer, the program will no longer be able to add or remove components or to repair itself

Open up the older version of SAS - open preferences - at the bottom left corner you will see an option to update program click on this and check your system tray for message. It should update you version to the latest.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro