how to build a playlist

TheFiresInTheSky

how can i build a playlist and such so i can just click a playlist and it will play selected songs?

to put the songs on my mp3 player, i just drag them to G:\music which is where the mp3 players music is stored.

I wish it was that easy. My MP3 player is a reall pain in the A$$. Making a playlist on the fly with mine is hell. I have a Creative Labs Zen USB 2.0. Paid way too much for it. At the time it was worth $324. Now, it can go to the scrap heap! It's permament home is the car. My fiance is getting one for xmas. It's unbelieve how much loot you spend on women, woman, wife....:(

• Moderators

If it supports standard playlists like .M3U you could make those in Winamp, Foobar2000, Tag Frontend w/Tag, etc.

If it doesn't you could try to alphabetically+alphanumerically name the files on the dap like this:

ACDC-01-Thunderstruck.mp3

ACDC-02-Fire_Your_Guns.mp3

Dream_Theater-01-New_Millennium.mp3

Fates_Warning-04-The_Eleventh_Hour.mp3

alphanumerically

is that even a word?

thats almost how i have them labeled right now.

I have a rio carbon MP3 player and it lets me build playlists in the program(rio music manager which surprisingly doesn't suck). What program are you using to transfer music? Even WMP can build playlists.

NOTHING! all i do is open up "my computer" and go to G drive then i drag all the music into the music folder :D

i uninstalled WMP and im never installing that so thats out of the option.

let me know if anyone knows of a program that can do that and synch music to the mp3 player also :D

Aaron,

What company is your MP3 player build by? Plus+ what model is it?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

PC world says the player is quote:

Not USB mass-storage class.

Doesn't that mean it cant just have files transfered to it like a portable drive?

WMP is actually pretty good to use for an MP3 player but if you really are against it then I guess you could use Mediamonkey or winamp.

My MP3 player will even sync with Itunes but I don't like itunes so I don't use it. :D You may want to try that as well.

Aaron,

You have to realize that most MP3 players do however make a playlist but not in terms of what you are wanting. Does your MP3 player make a playlist out of folders as in goin by order of Artist?

I had an MP3 plyer and yes the HDD in it finally gave out and now I'm back to using a CD/MP3 support CD player but mine did create a playlist goin by Artist and the type of music. Some are just programmed different.

I even wanted my songs formed in a certain way but could I... NO!

P.S. - Don't ever just drag and drop any songs in the file to where the songs are kept. That can easily mess things up. Use WMP10. Try using Winamp if WMP10 gives problems.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

i dont really understand why it would give problems.

ive been doing it all my life and so has everyone i know.

its basically the same thing as a flash drive even though what rridgely found said differently.

i tried winamp but there was no easy way to import a playlist and play it or select songs i specifically chose for my mp3 player.

looks like WMP and winamp are out of the question.

does anyone know if foobar supports this?

Have you even checked the site for any Software? My MP3 player from Philips worked like a charm with Winamp or.. WMP.

If it supports standard playlists like .M3U you could make those in Winamp, Foobar2000, Tag Frontend w/Tag, etc.
Tag Frontend w/tag is that a tag editor? I need to do some tagging myself around 2700 songs. What is the easiest way to do that many songs. One of my problems with my mp3 player is finding the damn music to begin with. Then making the playlist is another story.

• Moderators

Mp3tag is alright.

Tag Frontend w/Tag I've used for years. The only thing though before committing to the changes Tag makes you'd best damn sure use the Test mode option to see what the changes will be first otherwise someone's gonna be pissed! If you do decide on using Tag I can post my configuration files which are full of different ways that files could be named, tagged, etc., it beats building them from scratch, and the tagging configuration file is pre-configured for most audio formats.

I'd suggest Mp3tag as rridgely did, it's periodically updated, and it has a GUI which shows everything that's about to happen plus it can mass tag and rename files.

Also don't forget Foobar2000 Audio Player is also capable of mass tagging and renaming files too, along with fixing MP3's, and applying or removing Replaygain.

Thanks, I'll play around with it. I'm looking at it right now..

never tried that one but i seem to like shuffleplay, its freeware and its really easy to use.

id consider it one of the best.

another good one ive heard of would be dr. tag :D

edit: forgot to add that the software on the samsung site was just a download of WMP.

• Moderators

never tried that one but i seem to like shuffleplay, its freeware and its really easy to use.

id consider it one of the best.

another good one ive heard of would be dr. tag :D

edit: forgot to add that the software on the samsung site was just a download of WMP.

Mp3tag can remove non-compliant tags in MP3s that cause problems with some players/hardware.