Spyware Terminator?

New_Age

Has this program been free since its release other then the Beta stage? If I recall I once saw that you had to pay for it. It may have been a similar program. Just asking though. Not that I'm goin to use it though. It sucks. I tried it and didn't like it all too much.

Anyways, a new release :rolleyes:

Main Site

Download*Lastest

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Has this program been free since its release other then the Beta stage? If I recall I once saw that you had to pay for it. It may have been a similar program. Just asking though. Not that I'm goin to use it though. It sucks. I tried it and didn't like it all too much.

Anyways, a new release :rolleyes:

Main Site

Download*Lastest

McAfee Site Advisor says: Feedback from some users indicated this site engaged in one or more questionable activities - adware, spyware, or viruses (6)

I have the installer for it on my computer right now. I've scanned it with ewido and etrust and it came up clean.

Probably, but Site Advisor is referring to the site itself. Hardly a good way to build a reputation for your product though.

I have it also. I use it and Superantispyware instead of Adaware and Spybot now. It was being really fussy in its Active Protection mode, sometimes not allowing programs to open that I had set to Allowed (K-Meleon, for Example). I'm just using it as an on-demand scanner now. From what I read on Wilders, it's safe now and only the uber-paranoids there won't touch it.

As I stated in the link rridgely provided,

I'm sticking with the programs I have listed:

Ad-Ware

A-Squared

AVG Anti-Spyware

Spybot

SUPERAnti-Spyware

Advanced WindowsCare V2 *Still waiting for Improvement on this...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Probably, but Site Advisor is referring to the site itself. Hardly a good way to build a reputation for your product though.

I like site advisor and I generally trust it but I always scan sites it reports red/yellow with dr.web before I write it off completely. Because siteadvisor relies on user input someone could have just read the old post on the rogue list and decided to report the site as bad. I'm not saying this program is the best one ever or that you should even use it, but you can't always rely on siteadvisor.(I have it installed on my computer though and recommend it frequently.)

Anyway here is a dr.web scan on the spyware terminator site:

untitledey3.th.jpg

Here is a link to the dr.web scanner extension for mozilla/firefox/seamonkey. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/938/

(You cant completely trust anything but its better then nothing. :D)

Here is a link to the dr.web scanner extension for mozilla/firefox/seamonkey. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/938/

(You cant completely trust anything but its better then nothing. :D)

Well, I've just been giving Dr. Web a try but so far it says that every site I've visited has been clean. And believe me I've tried to catch it out by scanning some very dubious links. The usuall suspects that we all know...Screensavers, adult sites, P2P sites. Does this software actually work or could it be that my mind is so pure and I haven't given it a thorough enough work-out? :D

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators

My anti-spyware:

1. Firefox.

2. Common sense.

That won't help you at all if some commercial software on a CD or DVD comes with an add-on that's deemed as adware/spyware by the leading anti-spyware software.

• Moderators

Well, I've just been giving Dr. Web a try but so far it says that every site I've visited has been clean. And believe me I've tried to catch it out by scanning some very dubious links. The usuall suspects that we all know...Screensavers, adult sites, P2P sites. Does this software actually work or could it be that my mind is so pure and I haven't given it a thorough enough work-out? :D

Usually you don't get the infections from screensaver sites, and p2p sites unless you download something. The screensavers are usally packaged with something and on p2p sites its either the software thats infected or the stuff your downloading.(usually not always) The adult sites can vary, you might get infections just from going to the sites or from the downloads. Maybe you just didn't try hard enough to find some really bad ones. :P

Try scanning some of the links on those sites and see what you get. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I had to reformatt my HDD cause my 80GB was bad. It kept shutting off randomly and having me to restart my computer every now and then. Thx god I saved my music and my Photos on my network :)

Well, I'm back to using my 28.6GB hard drive which is still alright. It works well for me.

I now am using Spyware Terminator and I'm liking it (Got rid of A-Squared :) ). It's not bad as I've read from alot of people. On Betanews.com people said it was good but I was looking into the ones who wrote a more... professional review as in (They know what thier talking about) and stuff. Happy and still testing. Liking the Real-time Protection I guess.

Did a fast scan and as normal just found Cookies. I'm one happy advanced user who just stays out of trouble.

Been messin around with it and noticed the Full-Scan only took around 10min. which had me somewhat worried. I have the lastest and I think they're cleaning their act up alittle. I'd say go for it and try it out.