Significant lack of cleaning for Opera browser 6.18.10838

bazzaman

A couple of threads have reported issues with Opera browser cleaning in recent versions of Ccleaner

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/65812-cookies-not-showing-up-or-being-cleaned-in-opera-browser/

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/65286-ccleaner-615-doesnt-clean-opera-102/?tab=comments

I would go further than the above and find that whole swathes of cleaning for Opera is now being missed due to updates to Opera (and these issues still persist in Ccleaner 6.18.10838).

The browser cache is not being cleared as it's location has been moved.

The default paths for saves (such Save Image) are not being reset to default.

Browsing history is not being cleared

Seems to me that a complete review of Ccleaner's interaction with the Opera environment needs a review / refresh.

Be very grateful if this could be done soon as it's been an issue for quite some time now.

Regards,
bazzaman

I have the same issue and first raised it with the CCleaner help desk on 9 November.  They have been singularly unhelpful initially suggesting reverting to default settings (which didn't work) then, more recently, after saying that they "fully understand [my] situation" referring me to the process for setting up "Cookies to Keep" which has no relationship the problem.  I responded to that suggestion on 29 November and am still awaiting a reply.  Poor service by any measure.  What clearer illustration can you have of the flaws of outsourcing your help function to a call centre in the Philippines.  I've searched unsuccessfully for contact details for CCleaner/Piriform in the UK.

Warwick

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the exact same experience contacting CCleaner. Their customer service doesn't even read your message, they just reply with a copy paste standard answer. Totally useless. After using CCleaner free for many years, I decided a few months ago to pay for the professional version. Won't ever make that mistake again! If they fix the issue with Opera in a hurry, I might reconsider. But won't hold my breath.

I'm so pleased to hear that, Laurence.  Have you had any feedback yet from dev team?  Do they acknowledge that there is an issue with cleaning Opera and, if so, how long it will take to produce a fix?  (In my last communication with the CCleaner Help desk on November 29, and assuming the issue was out of scope for them, I asked them to pass it on to Piriform developers and report back.  I'm still waiting for a response!)

Warwick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, warwick.t said:

I just updated CCleaner to v 6.20.10897 and still no fix.

It says in the latest build info..

Fixing bugs and other improvements  

''We’ve resolved an issue where bookmark backups from Opera (GX) were not detected on Windows 7 and 8.1. ''

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/version-history

No idea about Win 10 and 11.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

The following screenshot highlights/illustrates the issue -- CCleaner doesn't even "see"--let alone clean--Opera cookies.  The "Cookies on Computer" list is essentially empty despite the fact that I have more than 500 entries under "Settings/Cookies/See all site data and permissions" in Opera.  And that number is the same before and after cleaning.

image.thumb.png.e8d8dc371f60df08acb4a04b369df4ac.png

The only conclusion is that CCleaner is still pointing to the wrong location for Opera cookies--and Browsing History and probably other information that should be cleaned.

• 4 weeks later...