CCleaner v6.11.10435 crashes [TeamViewer: Patched in 6.11.10455]

martinu

I've just upgraded my Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit) PC from v6.09.10300 to v6.11.10435. The older version worked fine, but the new version consistently crashes (eg the window closes and the process disappears from Task Manager) when the initial Analyse scan has completed. The first time it displayed an error message but this disappeared spontaneously before I had chance to read it.

Installing v6.09.10300 over the top of v6.11.10435 (to regress to the older version) has restored normal behaviour.

Here are screenshots of the options that I have selected (I use the same options for every version of CCleaner)

ccleaner-1.png (
ccleaner-2a.png
ccleaner-2b.png

Edited by martinu

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem.

Ich habe darauf in Optionen/Erweitert einen Haken vor "Programm nach benutzerdefinierter Bereinigung schließen" gesetzt.

Anschließend die Erweiterte Bereinigung durchgeführt.

Erwartungsgemäß wurde die Bereinigung durchgeführt und das Programm verschwand in der Taskleiste.

Beim nächsten Start entfernte ich wieder den Haken und die Bereinigung wurde normal durchgeführt, so wie vor dem Update des Programms.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Didi57 said:

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem.

Ich habe darauf in Optionen/Erweitert einen Haken vor "Programm nach benutzerdefinierter Bereinigung schließen" gesetzt.

Anschließend die Erweiterte Bereinigung durchgeführt.

Erwartungsgemäß wurde die Bereinigung durchgeführt und das Programm verschwand in der Taskleiste.

Beim nächsten Start entfernte ich wieder den Haken und die Bereinigung wurde normal durchgeführt, so wie vor dem Update des Programms.

Google translate...

I had the same problem.

I then put a check in Options / Advanced before "Close program after custom cleanup".

Then the extended cleanup was carried out.

As expected, the cleanup was carried out and the program disappeared in the taskbar.

The next time I started, I removed the hook again and the cleanup was carried out normally, just like before the program was updated.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I too have Windows 7 (Ultimate)  SP1) and have just updated CCleaner to ver 6.11.10435  and the scan crashes towards the end, however, I've managed to get mine to complete the scan by unchecking TEAMVIEWER in the Ultilities section, something I noticed you have installed in your screenshots and yours is checked.

Hope this helps

NE0

the Teamviewer version is 15.37.3 , and before anyone says it should be updated, I can't!! its used with a dedicated PC in the workshop running old software which cannot be updated.

Cccleaner.JPG

Edited by NE0

• Admin

Just checking if anyone is seeing this behaviour with TeamViewer and Windows 10 or Windows 11?  Or only Windows 7/8?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

2 minutes ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Just checking if anyone is seeing this behaviour with TeamViewer and Windows 10 or Windows 11?  Or only Windows 7/8?

Yes - 3 machines with Win10 also crashing when running initial scan. TeamViewer seems to be causing problems with CCleaner. This has been going on with the past few versions of CCleaner - At first CCleaner required TeamViewer to be closed before it would finish the scan or clean. That's a little difficult to do when working remotely.

I believe it's the ongoing CCleaner monitoring that is somehow causing the problem - I have turned that feature off on all 3 of my machines.

CCleaner V6.11.10435

Windows:

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎8/‎12/‎2021
OS build    19045.2846
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Whenever I use Teamviewer to access another PC and run CCleaner on remote system halfway through the scan it drops my connection.

Version v6.11.10435 free and Pro.

Anyone have a solution for this? Seems to have just started with last CCleaner update but I'm not absolutely sure.

Thanks Bob

I confirm this bug in v6.11.10435 Free. As a temporary solution deselect Teamviewer from Application tab. 

Please note if you right click on Teamviewer none of the two options will run. The program window closes by itself.

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to CCleaner v6.11.10435 crashes [TeamViewer: Under Investigation]
  • Moderators

A patch update 'hotfix' to v6.11.10455 has been released earlier today:

https://www.ccleaner.com/knowledge/ccleaner-v6-11-10455

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to CCleaner v6.11.10435 crashes [TeamViewer: Patched in 6.11.10455]