Mark as Solution?

Baldrick

Hi

Apologies if I'm sounding a bit thick (it can happen, you know) but I've had an (automatic?) email regarding a question of mine suggesting I should "Help others by going to the topic and use the 'Mark as Solution’ button on the post with the best answer." Unfortunately, I cannot find the 'Mark as Solution’ button.

Any suggestions, please?

Regards

Rick

• Moderators

That particular feature is not enabled on this forum. (Unless someone on the staff has recently enabled it, and I don't think so).

Admins and Moderators can/do change the title of a thread to show it's been solved, and we can 'Recommend' a particularly helpful post in a thread to bring it to the attention of others reading.
But neither one of those is something that we do often, usually only for 'hot topics' at a particular time.

Are you sure that the email came from here and not from some other forum? It doesn't sound like the sort of thing you'd get from here.
I'd check the email header/source to see just where it cane from.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Yup someone left a boilerplate statement on. @Dave CCleaner

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Ah, it's actually come from Invision which is the software that the forum runs on.

It's a generic message from Invision refering to a feature that can be enabled on an Invision based forum, it's intended to get members to 'engage' more with a forum.
But the 'Mark as Solution' feature isn't turned on here, so that message doesn't make sense for members here.
Simply ignore/delete the email.

As Nergal says one of the Invision technicians probably set/reset a messaging switch  during a forum software update. One which isn't normally turned on for this particular forum.
 (Or possibly it could have been turned on deliberately by an admin here, but they forgot to also enable the 'Mark as Solution' feature that it refers to?)

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043