Would this be normal do delete? i'm thinking no..

22Green

CCleaner picked this up this morning.  I know what the MRT tool is and just ran it to see if anything was found, but it was not.

Is CCleaner asking to delete the program from this location? and why? I assume if I select it and remove MRT.exe the program will not work and most likely give an error when I would try and run it from the Run field - Open MRT

Thanks

Capture23.JPG

• Moderators

That is in the Registry Cleaner, it would remove that registry entry and not the MRT.exe itself.

I'd leave it alone. - In fact the official advice is to leave the Registry Cleaner alone unless you have a specific issue you are trying to fix.

See this:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

If your Windows OS is new enough that still supports MRT I'd recommend looking in that path listed to make certain MRT.exe is actually installed there. It should be there on a supported Windows OS since Microsoft updates MRT with each monthly update. Note: It's not normal for CCleaner's registry cleaner to list MRT as an invalid if it still exists on the system.