How do I make ccleaner minimize on startup

rj101

• Moderators

Could you tell us which version of CCleaner you are using?
And which Windows version/build?

A screenshot of the window that is opening for you would be helpful in identifying what may be causing it.

Is it the CCleaner User Interface that is opening or is it some other window?
Maybe a reminder that there's an update, or a special offer that you are being made?
Have you been using a 14-day trial of Pro and it's now reminding you that your 14 day trial period has ended?

Once we know what it is then we'll have a better idea of how you can stop it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

TBH I've tried various settings/options in CCleaner and I can't get CCleaner to open the UI at boot.

I can get it to open minimized in the System Tray (Smart Cleaning, Automatic Updates, Scheduling) or to briefly appear in the Tray (Run a one-time Custom Clean at startup), but not to open the full UI.

You could probably do it through Windows Task Scheduler, or if you sleep/hibernate Windows with the CCleaner UI already open.
Which is a thought, If CC is set to 'Shutdown after a Custom Clean', and the power settings have been redefined in Windows to sleep/hibernate instead of shutting down .....
It would then depend on just how CCleaner calls for the shutdown.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Thanks,

That shows it's CCleaner Professional v5.90, on Windows 10 Pro, and you say it's showing you Health Check each time you boot.

It doesn't normally open on boot like that, so let's try to work out why it is doing that.

To start with - Could you also screenshot the Options>Settings and Options>Advanced screens.

Also, do you have Smart Cleaning and/or Scheduling enabled?

I just did this - 

I deleted the ccleaner from my startup folder and rebooted.

I'm not sure, but I suspect because it is set to monitor my browser exists, it still launched.

But this time with no screen.

All good now!  Thanks all for your help.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rj101 said:

I deleted the ccleaner from my startup folder

That would do the trick.

But it would have taken us some time to track that down because there isn't usually a CCleaner shortcut in the Startup folder.

No idea how it got there. I'm guessing that at sometime in the past you may have scheduled CCleaner in the Windows Task Scheduler?

It doesn't really matter, if the shortcut has been deleted now then it can't be run at boot.

As for CCleaner still running in the background, that is expected with certain settings.
If you have Smart Cleaning monitoring your browser(s), or if you have set automatic updates to CCleaner, then it will run in the background and you will have a CCleaner icon sat in the system tray. (It will flash if/when it's actually doing anything).
image.png