How to Remove Delete Browser History From CCleaner Process?

Is it possible to remove the "Delete Browser History" portion of the Health Check/CCleaning process as a specific item in the process?  Or perhaps, is it possible to "White List" specific, limited Browser History sites per my own preferences - so that when I run CCleaner all OTHER Browser History would be deleted upon completion while leaving sites I wish to remain active?  If so, would someone please advise?  

• Moderators

Nope not really, if you want control over what's removed you need to use custom clean. You can everytime you health check uncheck browser items after analysis, but i don't know the actusl steps as i don't (won't) use healthcheck

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

As Nergal says Health Check offers very little in the way of customisation - that is what Custom Clean is for.

In Custom Clean you can untick things that you don't want to be cleaned, eg. here I've unticked Internet History for Firefox.
Custom Clean remembers that setting and will not touch Firefox History unless I later tick it again.
You can tick/untick different things for different browsers that you have.
image.png

You can set Custom Clean to be the default method by going to Options>Settings and changing the 'CCleaner Home Screen'.

In Health Check about all you can do is: once it has analyzed click on 'Privacy' and in the screen that comes up untick 'History'.
But Health Check doesn't remember settings and so you will have to do it each and every time that you run Health Check.
image.png

From your question though I'm not sure that the History is what you are looking to keep?
It sounds more as if you are wanting to keep certain active logins (and/or active tabs)?
In Custom Clean the clearing of those is controlled by 'Session' for the browser. Untick that if you want to stay logged into sites and/or want tabs to reopen when you next launch the browser.
For some sites the loged-in status may (also) be controlled by a cookie, so you may have to configure 'Cookies to keep' to keep that.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the replies...which prompted me to re-examine the Custom Clean parameters as I had last adjusted them...and yip...I had actually already interfaced with each category that was listed...and had already "unticked" all "internet or browsing history" boxes in each category.  Problem that I see now is that I am limited for some bizarre reason...with respect to the browsers that I typically/regularly use as they are not even listed.  What generates in the Custom Clean area is limited to Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, System and Advanced - with a list of boxes beneath each to custom check or uncheck.  But I use Firefox overwhelmingly...with occasional use of Avast, Brave, Opera and least of all Vivaldi...none of which are listed in the Custom Clean portion of my CCleaner as it displays.  So it seems odd that even though I routinely download each new/updated version of CCleaner directly from the piriform website...and do so using my Firefox browser...that the Custom Clean options are limited in the manner defined above.  To clarify...I am wanting to reserve the deletion of any and all browsing History to my personal time and whims...which I do every day along with Cookies and Cache multiple x's each day...sometimes even multiple x's during any internet session...if for no other reason than to discover which and how many nefarious sneaky intruders have imposed tracking/data-hungry greedy hounds and any other sort of surveillance BS that I simply resent to the hilt!  So...why doesn't each newly updated version of CCleaner recognize the five (5) browsers that I have installed and use regularly...even though it recognizes and lists Edge and IE, neither of which I use nor have downloaded on my PC?  And why does it routinely delete Browsing History in Firefox even though it is not listed?  This just keeps gettin weirdo-er..

• Moderators

Thanks for explaining in more detail,

You need to familiarise yourself more with how to use CCleaner, at the moment you are missing using a whole section in Custom Clean.
That is why you can't see your browsers to change the cleaning settings, they are there, you are just not looking in the right place.

As you say the 'Windows' tab only shows the 3 Microsoft standard browsers, and other Windows System catagories.
All Windows computers since Windows 8 have Edge/Edge Chromium and IE installed by default, they are always there even if you never use them.

To see the non-Microsoft browsers and change how Custom Clean treats them you need to switch to the 'Applications' tab, - see my screenshot above that clearly shows Firefox on the 'Applications' tab with some Firefox sections ticked and some not.
Your other Browsers will also be found on the 'Applications' tab,
Note that Chromium based browsers may be listed under 'Chrome' rather than their own name, but I think all yours should be listed seperately.
You will also find other apps, both MS and non-MS apps on the 'Applications' tab.

Remember that the ticks/unticks that you set in Custom Clean only apply to Custom Clean.
If/when you run Health Check it takes no notice whatsoever of what you have ticked/unticked in Custom Clean.
Health Check always uses it's own cleaning rules, not your custom settings.

Browsers must be fully closed before you can clean them.
If a browser, or any of it's extensions, is still running in the background then CCleaner can't clean it.
It will ask you if you want to close the browser, or if you have previously told it not to show that notification again it will simply 'Skip' cleaning the open browser.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for your patience and detailed responses in this stream.  I was about to post a reply last night but it was simply too late...and I was going to hone in on the fact that you displayed screenshots that depicted Firefox and attributes to check/or not...and I believed I had attempted to toggle back and forth between the WIndows and Applications tabs at the top as you discussed because that did seem like a stone un-turned as it were...but for some weird reason I saw no change on my screen in that moment so was stymied.

But now that you have presented everything in the manner you did and I revisited each step...I WAS able to see the Applications tab generate a whole long list of all the browsers that I had listed in my prior post.  And funny thing is...I had accessed that very tab in the past and checked/unchecked boxes beneath each and every browser...with every one of the delete browsing history tabs unchecked...so...

What your tutelage provided for me was the one final point I had failed to grasp...that being I had been setting things up in the Custom Clean feature precisely as I had desired only to then screw up by running Health Check as if my settings under Custom Clean would be prioritized.  Oh contrare mon frar!!!  That's why all the things I did NOT wish to be deleted WERE...Haha...got it...THANKS nukecad! 

• Moderators

No problems, and glad to hear you have it straightened out now.

It is something we see all the time that people will change the settings in Custom Clean, and then use Health Check anyway.
And then they ask why it's not doing what they have set.

The developers have tried changing the wording to make it clearer that each one works differently, but I guess that we are always going to get that bit of confusion as long as the two are both there,

It does help if you set Custom Clean to be the default by going to Options>Settings and changing the 'CCleaner Home Screen' to Custom Clean.
Then whenever you open CCleaner it will show you the Custom Clean screen.