Please Dark mode

What about a "Dark Mode" for CCleaner itself (free and pro)?

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• 4 months later...

I came here and created a forum account specifically to say this. I'd love a dark mode theme for CCleaner, please. I exist in low light environments on a regular basis and have the rest of my UI set to dark mode. It discourages me from using CCleaner to know I have to fight being white-blind to use it.

Edit to add: It frustrates me that there's a "dark mode" for the forums but not the software. Really? You're willing to acknowledge that people want one by using it in the forums but not your software? That seems rationally inconsistent. Also, the kind of dark mode I'm talking about is not this blue background nonsense. I mean a real dark mode that has a black or dark grey background.

Edited by untenable681
Proofreading mistakes, added detail to request

• Moderators
6 hours ago, untenable681 said:

Edit to add: It frustrates me that there's a "dark mode" for the forums but not the software. Really? You're willing to acknowledge that people want one by using it in the forums but not your software? That seems rationally inconsistent. Also, the kind of dark mode I'm talking about is not this blue background nonsense. I mean a real dark mode that has a black or dark grey background.

Dark mode on forum is part of the forum software and not programmed by ccleaner developers.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 months later...

Me too... I just created an account as well.

I usually use the free version from time to time. It does most of the job. There are many things that I like on ccleaner but somethings I don't. One of the things I really don't like is that most of developers don't think about every person and their disabilities like poor vision or people that spend most of the day on dark environments like mentioned above. Since Windows Vista era, the OS and programs usually display few text over the white background. We are always being exposed to white light.

In my case, I have poor vision and most of things are set to dark mode and when I can't do it, I have to use magnifier and use ALTgr+I (CTRL+ALT+I) to invert colors on the screen. White becomes dark, dark becomes white, etc... and things are more readable.With ccleaner is no exception. I have to invert colors to move myself inside of ccleaner.

The question is: WHY PIRIFORM DEVELOPERS CAN'T ADD A DARK THEME TO CCLEANER AND OTHER PRODUCTS? It was easy adding unneeded colored buttons (that also annoy me.... yack... at that blue themed buttons).

Pretty please!!! ADD A PRETTY DARK THEME (WHITE ON BLACK, NOT GREY ON BLACK) to the setup of ccleaner, ccleaner, recuva, defraggler... etc!

• 5 months later...

Every update, I wonder,.. will this be the one? Will I finally be free of the shock of sitting in a dark room, suddenly illuminated by my screen? 

A year passes, and still I yearn. 

Please add dark mode to your products!!

I'm close to applying for a job in your company, just so I can fix this issue, then leaving.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey.
If it is technically difficult or it is not possible to make a complete dark mode, then at least add the ability to change the main background from white to some dark one.
Is this an image file or just a color parameter?
Come on guys, there are already so many people and so much time asking about it..
TIA

• Admin

Dark mode for Windows has had enough requests to be on the development "to do" list.  Indeed, I even saw an internal demo of this a couple of months back.

BUT the present UI rendering framework would make this a total PITA to maintain, so while dark mode will happen at some point, it is unlikely to appear prior to a complete overhaul of the CCleaner UI - which is presently intended for CCleaner 7 (which does not have a release date yet, but probably won't be until 2024).

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 9 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Paradoxical said:

We're in 2024! Still waiting for a nice dark theme for CCleaner. 🙂

Barely, and i think that was a at the earliest 2024 the more important fact of dave's (who no longer works for ccleaner) comment is "with ccleaner 7" which is probably far out in the future, maybe in 2024

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com