Internet Explorer Hangs

grabacontroller

Hello. I have Internet Explorer on Windows XP SP2 and it is slow and the screen is white. Also, the thing is that Napster and Yahoo Messenger Plugins do not work properly. Worst of all I use IE for certain things and it is really slow. Opera and Firefox work fine but IE doesn't work. Do you have any idea what may be causing this?

IPB Image

Hello. I have Internet Explorer on Windows XP SP2 and it is slow and the screen is white. Also, the thing is that Napster and Yahoo Messenger Plugins do not work properly. Worst of all I use IE for certain things and it is really slow. Opera and Firefox work fine but IE doesn't work. Do you have any idea what may be causing this?

i had a similar problem. what i did was, i clicked the Search button in the toolbar and then IE always crashed when starting. i fixed it by installing the IE7 Beta 3 and uninstalling it.

Well, I am shocked. :blink: I got IE to work..... I downloaded Download Accelerator Plus and it started to work. :)

DAP is bad... in my opinion. When I tried to uninstall it it basically took over all of my file extensions and downloads.... hope you have better luck with it. :)

Maybe it is the plugins that mess up the browsers.

Either way, stick with Firefox and/or Opera, they follow webstandards much better and are much more safer.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Without adware/spyware?

I used it years ago for at least two years, and it was plagued with adware at that time!

version 1.71 and below were all spyware. however version 1.72 has 0 of it. the company decided to make it freeware due to dissapointing sales or something similar :)