Thumbnails Cache Deleted after CC Runs - BUT It is NOT Selected in Tools

ACP

I need help fixing a bug that just started happening a few weeks ago.  Whenever I run CCleaner Pro, it removes all my Thumbnails!  I have turned off in CC, but it happens anyway. See image file below.

This is VERY problematic because I am a photographer and have TONS of image files that I regularly need access to and all I can see are the icons for the files.  No more thumbnail image.  I typically have about 250mb of thumbnails when the cache gets re-populated, which takes more than a day to fully complete. 

I also went into the Disk Cleanup function of Win 10 and made sure that the Thumbnails clearing was turned off there too. (Note that image shows 11MB but that is after I waited a few minutes to check and it had started to re-populate).

PLEASE... this is killing my work flow. This never happened before.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

CC Pro - Tools Custom Clean Settings.jpg

Disk Cleanup  Dialog w Thumbnails Removal Turned Off.jpg

• Moderators

Are you running healthcheck or custom clean in ccleaner?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

3 hours ago, Nergal said:

Are you running healthcheck or custom clean in ccleaner?

I have had the Custom Clean set,  I also run the health check.  doesn't health check utilize the settings from the custom clean?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ACP said:

I have had the Custom Clean set,  I also run the health check.  doesn't health check utilize the settings from the custom clean?

No,
Health Check uses it's own simple cleaning rules, rules that you cannot change.
It's meant as a quick and easy option for those who just want a clean of 'common' things without bothering too much with changing settings.
(It was actually called 'Quick Clean' and 'Easy Clean' in it's 2 earliest versions).

So if you use Health Check it will always do it's own thing, - which includes clearing the Thumbnails.

If you want more control of what does and doesn't get cleaned then you have to use Custom Clean only.

The ticks/unticks for Custom Clean apply only to Custom Clean.
If those ticks/unticks also applied to Health Check then there would be no difference between what the the two clean, and so no need to have the two.

Any Includes or Excludes, Cookies to Keep, etc. that you set also only apply to Custom Clean.

PS. The other 2 tools in Health Check - 'Speed' and 'Security' - can still be found/used in the Tools section of CCleaner - they are 'Startup' and 'Software Updater' respectively.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043