duplicate finder is reporting some pdf files as duplicates when they are not.

seantrish

I am a new user, i am running ccleaner duplicate finder on some documents and the report is stating some pdf files as duplicates when they are not. As an example, attached are 2 pdf files it identifies as duplicates, but are not.

I am now very worried after purchasing and using the program to delete thousands of pictures and files I thought were duplicates, but now find that the program has serious bugs.

match by size and content, ignore zero byte, read only files, hidden files, system files.

ccleaner professional v5.86.9258 (64 bit)

Catalina scan cedula y votacion back.pdf Sean Certificado de Votacion0002.pdf

• Moderators

As far as I can see those two files are identical apart from having different names.

So if you are matching by size and content, but not by name, then they will be found as duplicates.

If you only want to find files with the same name then you should match by name as well.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Just dowloaded them and as my compatriots said they're exactly replicas of each other save for the file name (and i'm sure creation and modification dates)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com