Macrium 8 Free now available for download.

hazelnut

• Moderators

All the options for version 8 , free, trial, business, commercial etc now available here

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

EDIT... If you have a previous version either v 7 or even v 6, you can install over the top as it deals with everything automatically for you.

Any previous backups will still work.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Thanks Hazelnut,

Reflect v8 now installed, when I've got time I'll see if it can sucessfully clone this laptop to that problematic SSD that I've got lying about.
(I've not given up on that SSD yet, just no urgency. I may even try it in the 32-bit Toshiba first; that one could really do with a speed boost).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I've got in on both of my systems. It does have some cosmetic issues displaying all of the text comments/descriptions it shows in the settings area under Windows 10 64-bit but that's also with the scaling set to 175% so that might be the cause, although previous versions never had that particular issue.

3 hours ago, nukecad said:

problematic SSD

Perhaps try Diskpart on that SSD to first clean it of everything, see Seagate's instructions. Then do a Full Format on it, note that a full format might kill it if it's about to die, however if it succeeds it can mark bad blocks.

I had a secondary non-OS SSD earlier this year that Windows 10 reported a bad block on (after doing a major Win10 upgrade) and it was acting weird sometimes, doing what I mentioned about cleaning it with Diskpart followed by a full format remedied the issue.

• Moderators

I created a new rescue media for v8 (on usb)

Although the rescue media  it is compatible with backups made on v7 and v6, I decided to start over again and just left one 'old' backup and then made a new one with v8

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

@Andavarinah, the SSD was/is brand new - it seems to be certain Windows versions that has issues with it.

21H1 wouldn't format it, but 1909 formated it quite happily and then 21H1 can use it with no problems.
Probably similar to what happened with yours that went funny "after doing a major Win 10 upgrade", it's Windows that changed not the drive.
I actually got an identical replacement SSD sent out from the supplier - same formatting issue with 21H1, fine with 1909.

Of course using it to make a clone means reformatting as part of the process, and it's not 1909 that I wanted to clone but 21H1 so that was a bit of a problem.
TBH I should have made a mirror backup while I had both drives and done it that way instead.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it would format fine with the 32-bit Windows 21H1 on my Toshiba laptop, but that is a brand new install so I don't want/need to clone that either.
I have to admit that I've not tried playing with it again for a while, the house move got in the way.
For now I'm just using that SSD for external storage and any Windows version is quite happy with it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
15 hours ago, hazelnut said:

I created a new rescue media for v8 (on usb)

On USB what? A USB Flash Drive? Wondering because in Win10 and WinXP versions starting with Macrium v7 it would no longer make a Rescue USB Flash Drive for me, it won't even list a USB Flash Drive in the Rescue Media creator tool, it's see's external/portable large capacity HDDs and SSDs with no issue though. That's why when one of my three USB external/portable backup drives (don't remember which one, 1 HDD and 2 SSDs) got corrupted when I plugged it in so when I cleaned it with Diskpart I made a 2GB FAT32 first partition which is where I store the bootable Rescue Media, and then I partitioned the rest of the drive to NTFS.

On the old WinXP version I just use the last compatible version of YUMI to write the Rescue Media ISO file onto a USB Flash Drive, and then also dump an OS drive image on it as a fourth paranoia's sake backup.