Defraggler (Version 1.22.995) identifiying all of my drives as SSD?

Hello...

I'm running a Windows 10 64 Bit OS (version 21H1).  My C drive is the only drive that is a SSD drive (Transcend 500 Gig), but the rest of my internal and external hard drives are conventional types (1 through 5 TB's).

When running Defraggler, it shows all of my drives as being SSD and warns me that I could do harm by defragging my drives.  Why are my conventional hard drives (Western Digital and Seagate) being identified as SSD drives?

What could be the reasons?  Is there a setting I can change to correct this?

Thanks,

Ben

Defraggler  (2.22.995 (64 bit)) - I use four WD 4Tb HDDs, (3 x Bloody great big boxes, and 1 little box, that click and hum all the time) and the application tells me the 3 of them as SSD and one is an HDD. They are all USB connection, SATA/600 at 54000 RPM, (Don't think SSD spins up or down!)

How do I stop Defraggler telling that I'll degrade them if I Defrag them... ?

Edited by oldsilverado
typos

On 29/10/2021 at 15:21, benherrmann said:

Seagate

perhaps the right signalword...

seagate have perhaps much larger drive-cache as the standard (32 or 64 mb). i dont think that defraggler or speccy (long time ago for updates) can idendifying this as hdd with such a great cache.

if you have the exact type/name? or take a look at the homepages -> there are listed the drives and the inbuild cache-sizes

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

perhaps the detecting methode of the cache size is not up to date at defraggler and speccy.

seagate use a optimized cache procedure for more read/write speed called mtc.

with western digital i dont know.

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

for example

seagate barracuda 3,5 zoll with 2 tb (st2000dm005) have 256 mb drive cache

seagate barracuda 2,5 zoll with 0,5 tb (st500lm030) have 128 mb drive cache

• Moderators

All of their software has issues detecting the disk type correctly, even CCleaner has the issue. At least with CCleaner it's regularly updated so when updating it that will sometimes mysteriously fix the issue until it happens again with another version.

Windows itself can get the detection of disks incorrect, and it's sometimes down to how they're formatted as in the file system - for example I've no issue formatting a USB Flash Drive (32GB) and tricking Windows 10 into thinking it's a Hard Disk Drive.

Edited by Andavari
Rewording