Invalid License Key???

weiward

I literally purchased CCleaner for Windows 2 minutes before I downloaded and installed the program. I copy and pasted the license key I was emailed into the key registration box just it was obvious to do and just like your site instructed, and it gave me an error that my key is invalid....??? (So what exactly did I pay for, because I see the charge on my PayPal account.)

I requested my key through the link on the support page just in case for some ridiculous reason you emailed me the wrong key, and I've received no emails from anything resembling your site so far. Yes. I've checked my spam box, and, yes, I'm sure I am able to receive emails from your site since that's how I was able to sign up and verify creating an account on your forum here...

On top of everything, it seems like you don't have any live customer service/support (i.e., chat? phone? email address?) besides this forum, so here I am.

I hope someone here is able to help me or at least tell me how I can get in touch with someone who can.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, weiward said:

I literally purchased CCleaner for Windows

Did you purchase from us?  Support contact details are in the order confirmation email that you would have been sent from Cleverbridge, ie: support@ccleaner.com.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I dug up your order and could see that you would have been sent your order confirmation email about an hour ago.  I checked your licence key (which starts with a "Z" and ends with a "S") and it is indeed valid and registered fine.  Possible issue with internet connection?  What happened if you try again?

Edited by Dave CCleaner
followup

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Hi; J've purchased a one year licence for CCleaner 584 pro just half an hour ago, received confirmation from  cleverbridge and the license key., After the download from CCleaner site,  j,ve copied and pasted the key in the box, as required, and typed my name (the same that appairs in the proof of purchase). ERROR12045. This happened for three times then j decided to unistall the product and made a new download from CCleaner site: j repeated the sequence, saw the video tutorial but nothin' new. Internet works well. Can You help me, please?

• Moderators

@salbai62thanks for posting that error code.

The error code is a server error indicating that there is a problem with a Site Security Licence, usually it's just because the SSL is out of date and needs renewing.
(SSLs renewal dates are easily overlooked and you'll often see SSL errors when browsing the web).

So it looks like the problem is not at your end but at a server end.

@Dave CCleaneris the SSL for the licence/registration server OK?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin
5 hours ago, nukecad said:

SSL for the licence/registration server OK?

@nukecadLooks fine from here. 

image.png

Historically, blaming the licence server has been a pretty safe bet - but doesn't seem to be the case on this occasion.  Checked the registration logs over the past 28 hours and, down the minute, there does not seem to have been any irregularity with the rate at which customers are registering their licences on new computers.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

10 minutes ago, Dave CCleaner said:

@nukecadLooks fine from here. 

image.png

Historically, blaming the licence server has been a pretty safe bet - but doesn't seem to be the case on this occasion.  Checked the registration logs over the past 28 hours and, down the minute, there does not seem to have been any irregularity with the rate at which customers are registering their licences on new computers.

Hi; J've downloaded the last version of Firefox (91.0.2), off evr'ry kind of ad blocker, unitalled the 584 version and   reinstalled but the result is always the same: j purchased, for about €.20,00, something j cannot use at the top.... J'm so sorry and a lit angry.... J don't know what's the SSL, don't know how to renew it: j'm just a poor medicine doctor not an informatic scientist!