Share your ideas for CCleaner 6.0!

Guest Stephen CCleaner

On 06/05/2021 at 05:03, nukecad said:

Prompted by this thread:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/60419-how-do-i-exclude-a-software-from-updates/?tab=comments#comment-328834

Allow exclusions to be set in Software Updater for softwares that the user doesn't want updating.

Possibly a more radical policy change - Allow limited customisation of Health Check so that 'Security' can be disabled if a user doesn't want software update checks everytime they run it.
ie. Let it revert back to QuickClean/Easy Clean if that's what the user wants.
I can see a couple of way that that could be easilly achieved. (One is very simple and already known by some of the more advanced users, but as it involves a registry change I won't post it here, it's already mentioned in a link that I gave above).

+[however many votes it takes to make this reality]
I NEVER want to update Audacity again. Let me bar CCleaner from trying.

thanks,

bud

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 02/04/2021 at 10:42, siliconman01 said:

I would like to have a user selectable setting in CCleaner that permits the user to run only one copy of CCleaner is RAM at any one time.  This would prevent an accidental double click on app start icon from starting two copies of CCleaner at the same time

I think it's most likely that we'll only allow one instance of CCleaner to run by default (potentially with a special command-line arg to allow deliberate multiple instances if there's a strong reason to support this).

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 08/04/2021 at 23:03, Andavari said:

Include the ability to create Custom Locations for non-standard web browsers via the CCleaner GUI. It could be something as simple as a Browse button to find the browser Profile folder, that way there wouldn't be any need to edit ccleaner.ini or the Windows registry.

This is less likely. Cleaning browsers is actually pretty difficult; it's not just a case of deleting some files from specific folders. Browsers change incredibly rapidly and a lot of data is stored in parts of databases. Deleting the whole database will often catch other data you don't want deleted. Plus you can't delete most databases while being accessed by the browser itself.

More likely is supporting some custom cleaning rules and having a means to rate/endorse/promote/self-regulate these. We don't want to make it easy for people to break  their machines, we are open to the idea of more advanced and expert users extending the default cleaning in CCleaner.

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 19/08/2021 at 18:54, blatanville said:

+[however many votes it takes to make this reality]
I NEVER want to update Audacity again. Let me bar CCleaner from trying.

thanks,

bud

It's likely that we'll allow better customization of analyse-resolve flows in the app, so you don't have to commit to everything at once.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, GRRGRR said:

Is there a log for scheduled cleaning of CCleaner?  If not, why not?  How does one know the cleaning got done as scheduled and what happened when CCleaner cleaned it.  Should this not be built in?  Am I missing something?

As the (original) idea of CCleaner is to remove junkfiles, including logfiles, from your machine then having it create more logs itself would seem to be defeating the object.
(I'm sure I've seen posts by the staff themselves making that point in the past).

Having said that: recently we have seen a proliferation of CCleaner being able to create more logs itself, especially since the Driver Updater was introduced.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 18/02/2021 at 00:56, Andavari said:

Fonts/Text Accessibility:
* Bigger fonts/text inside CCleaner, or the ability for users to change the size and even the color.
* Properly space and wrap text in the Results window so that it doesn't run off.

GUI Themes:
Ability to change colors or apply themes, both official and user/community created.

Now, this is very early days and I want to stress that this is merely a tech demo, but here is an early screenshot from CCleaner 6:

image.png

Before anyone asks, work on this is being done in parallel to CCleaner 5 work. We will continue to make improvements here as we build up CCleaner 6.

Keep the suggestions coming and maybe they'll appear in the next CC6 update! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Eno from Capitol One when shopping online using Chrome. It allows me to create a temporary card number so that I don't have to leave my actual number with the merchant. I would prefer to use CCleaner browser, but there seems to be no way to add this extension. Please make it available.

• 4 weeks later...

When offering promo,s please allow me to easily choose which products I wish to keep and which products are the bundles packages. I have tried your bundle packages and was not using most of the bundle software. I just did not like  the quality of some of those individual software programs.

I waited for a way to accept a promo without the bundle -- which I loathed.  You never allowed me to renew  just the individual softwares which I wished to keep.

Your promos have turned into a cumbersome and annoying attempt to sell a lot of useless utilities to me., and likely to many other users.

Edited by rodney44

• 2 months later...

Good morning,

Thank you for this useful application. However, I would like to suggest that the text contained within could be better translated. I use the German version, for example, and 'Health Check' is untranslated for example. I admit that some of the problems is to do with the overuse of English in general, including the overuse of English loanwords.

Regards,

Grazikon

• 10 months later...

1. Sublime Text 4

I upgraded recently from ST3 to ST4 and CCleaner no longer detects Sublime Text in the Applications tab.

2. Adobe Products

Even Adobe Acrobat is detected as application by CCleaner and lists it as "Adobe Acrobat Reader" it doesn't clean the opened files history. I have to open Adobe Acrobat and clean recent files. For Photoshop, Illustrator I have to open every application and clear the list of the opened files from File menu.

3. Microsoft Office

CCleaner detects Microsoft Office, but for 2019 and 2021 versions still lists the package as 2016.

4. WinSCP

This program stores information in Windows Registry. CCleaner could detect and clean for this application too.

• 1 month later...

In the tools, make it so you can stack up things to uninstall.  It is not uncommon for me to want to uninstall most of the MS stuff, and I would love to be able to just click off a list and go away for a while.  It would be super sweet to be able to have it recursively run registry cleans too, and be smart enough to check the log and not keep going forever if it finds an issue it can not fix, ie the log is the same for two runs back to back.  Sweeter still would be some kind of profile so you could just hand it a canned task that you saved.  Also it would be cool if in the tools it had a way to deal with the background apps windows likes running.  Yea you can do it via windows but it would be nice to have it all in one place.

And one last little thing.  How many "c" 's are there in CCleaner..  Um I still stand by zero.  You might want to change that to "C"'s or ccleaner.

• Admin
10 hours ago, joeWeaver said:

In the tools, make it so you can stack up things to uninstall.  It is not uncommon for me to want to uninstall most of the MS stuff, and I would love to be able to just click off a list and go away for a while.

It's a popular use of CCleaner to clean up pre-installed software on new computers.  Enhancing the uninstaller is actually on our "to do" list (although no release date determined yet).

11 hours ago, joeWeaver said:

It would be super sweet to be able to have it recursively run registry cleans too

Registry cleaning is not really a requirement as of Windows 10, except for when there is a desire to remove residual traces of previously installed software.  As such, aside from a couple of fixes in the backlog with regards to the "sticky" errors that you mention, the main thing likely to happen with registry cleaning is to move it out of the way into the tools section.

11 hours ago, joeWeaver said:

And one last little thing.  How many "c" 's are there in CCleaner

2.  The first "C" in CCleaner used to stand for something ... long term users know what it is.

Definitely not 3.  If a "CC Cleaner" does exist it would be one of those tiny USB keyboard vacuum cleaners designed to clean the corn chip crumbs that get lodged under one's spacebar.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

You can already turn that notification off in Smart Cleaning.

Set it to "Automatically clean without notification" for the browser(s) you use and it will clean on closing without the popup.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 3 weeks later...

Custom Clean fits my laptop screen perfectly, so why do I have to scroll down Health Check before I can see the Scan PC button at the bottom?

If the illustration at the top of Health Check was smaller, scrolling wouldn't be necessary.

• 3 months later...

This thread begins in 2021, I hope two years later someone reads this in 2023...

Using CCleaner for Mac 2.8.173 as an info item the app reports CPU temperature in Farenheit.  System temps are seldomly  reported in F, usually reported in Celsius.  This should be changed, or made a settings toggle.

I have 32bit apps that I heavily rely on so I will not update my system to the 64bit only version of MacOS.  If this has been corrected in later versions, well, so be it.