Phenom-II model 555 (Callisto)

Sunergy

Speccy is naming my (dual-core) AMD Phenom-II X2 model 555 ("Callisto") CPU as a (quad-core) Phenom-II X4 B55 ("Deneb") CPU, although it does show correct number of cores, correct stock MHz, correct cache sizes/levels/associativity, and so on and so on.

This is in an (admittedly aged) Dell Optiplex 740E with latest BIOS, in which that very same Callisto CPU has been working absolutely fine for over 5 years, first under Windows 7 and subsequently under WIndows 10. However, the Dell BIOS doesn't quite recognise this CPU - it knows it is a Phenom-II of some kind, as it can initialise it and load the most recent microcode correctly, but does not have the name-string for it.

For reference, I have attached the Speccy CPU window from this machine, as well as the CPU-Z window (which shows the correct name and CPUID fields for a Phenom-II X2 model 555), for reference.

Note that the Callisto is precisely a Deneb with 2 cores disabled, and some models (not this one, though) have the same CPUID (ie: very similar - the difference being the two disabled cores on the former).

Can Speccy be made to realise that there are no Phenom-II X4 processors that have only two cores, but that there are plenty of Phenom-II X2 processors that do?

-- Mike

Speccy.png

CPU-Z.png

Oops, I just noticed that CPU-Z also shows the wrong name, but the correct "everything else".

But I can attest that there isn't a Phenom-II X4 CPU with only two cores. There just isn't.

The CPU here is an AMD Phenom-II X2 model 555, with "HDZ555WF" enscribed on the heat-spreader.

Should I attach a photo?

Edited by Sunergy

speccy v1.32.774?

@moderators -> was there an update?

the last known version for me and the download-history was v1.32.740... isnt it?

@sunergy

mmmh, if i remember me darkly... i mean here in the forum was write some similar stuff with "cpu-z" and i think to remember me that "cpu-z" was build in in speccy. but i dont know for sure

cpu-detection: i think if your bios cant identify your cpu correctly because no specifications in the latest bios-update are intended for this -> perhaps than can no app find out the right cpu-id

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

i found a list with compatible motherboards for this "Black Edition CPU"... and the bios-version that should work with it

https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/Phenom_II_X2/555_BE_(rev._C3)_motherboards.html

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

In fact ... this CPU have 4 cores and you can activate them as i can read

perhaps this cpu is intended and supported for your mainboard.

have you looked for your mainboard and possible cpu-support?

• Moderators
8 hours ago, trium said:

speccy v1.32.774?

@moderators -> was there an update?

the last known version for me and the download-history was v1.32.740... isnt it?

Correct. There has been no update to Speccy since May 2018.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com