Unwanted pop-up

Mike Faulkner

CCleaner has been great - I use the free version - but unless someone can advise how to stop the upgrade pop-up (to Pro or Healthcheck - which I already have), then I'm about to uninstall. I've been through settings and turned off notifications, but every time I start up I get this INCREDIBLY annoying pop-up.

Any ideas appreciated.

Mike

I'm using Ccleaner Free v 5.64.7577 and would also like to know how to stop the Health Check system tray notification. I haven't seen an "upgrade pop-up" yet, but it sounds like something that AVG formerly tried that drove away many users.

281225533_CCleanerNag.JPG.1ef0c70cff373ad8bcc0222e90af3069.JPG

Health check keeps telling me to close the internet Explorer and google, but they are closed already.  It keeps popping up.  Finally I got it to run this morning and there were 1700 trackers...but I cleaned it last night before I turned it OFF...How can I get 1700 trackers when the computer is OFF???  The only answer is that it does not work.   This new feature needs to be scrapped.  I tried the pro trial, and the pro features kept finding nothing , zero so why get it?  Scrap this thing or I will stop using CCleaner.  It used to be the best product out there, now it is the most annoying.

• Moderators

'Trackers' are simply what Health Check calls cookies and temporary internet files, see the link in my signature below this post.

Health Check has a few issues - Use Custom Clean instead of Health Check.
If you want to set Custom Clean as the default then go to Options>Setting and under 'CCleaner Home Screen' select 'Custom Clean'

Alternatively go to filehippo and go back to v5.63, just reinstall it over the current version.
Older versions are found on the right of the page: https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043