Shortcut icon image

• Moderators

It sounds like you have accepted the offer for the new CC browser when you installed CCleaner.

See here how to reset your Icons, it gives an example for PDFs but you use the same process for other types of file as well.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I assume we are talking about desktop shortcuts?

I'm on my phone at the moment but from memory you would change a shortcut icon by right clicking it and going into the properties. There is a button in there to "Change Icon" or similar wording.

Are you saying that all newly created shortcuts are being given a CC style icon?

If so then that's something that's something that the browser developers should be made aware if to get that behaviour stopped.

I'd have to look up how you can stop it yourself once I'm back on a Windows computer.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Try this, it says 7 & Vista but its been updated for 10 : https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13631/customize-your-icons-in-windows-7-and-vista/

6 hours ago, John9210 said:

I just downloaded the latest version of CCleaner free. All my short icons have changed to image.png.ac4d778905f095a443d3c59762957191.png. How can I get the old Windows 10 default icon image for shortcuts?

it seems to be a shortcut with html or other browserbendings "to open with the standard-browser"

normally takes windows-shortcut automatically the icon image from the target that open it (perhaps word, excel, firefox, txt or so) -> if it is an html or pdf-file association for the "default-browser" to open it -> in this case ccleaner-browser than takes this icon -> you can change this with choose another default-browser (i think in w10 there is internet-explorer or edge-browser...or what you will) and pdf and other file association in context with browser-openings

if you make an office-shortcut for example with an *.docx -> is there also the ccleaner-browser-icon?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Sounds like old outdated icon/thumbnail cache to me which can cause the wrong icon/thumbnail to display, and if that's the case the solution is easy:
1. Click Cortana/Search, and type in Disk Cleanup, and click it when found.
2. Select the C:\ drive, or the drive letter you have Windows 10 installed on.
3. Scroll down the list and select Thumbnails.
4. Click Ok, then when another dialog opens click Delete.

You may have to Sign Out or restart your computer for the icon/thumbnail cache to refresh.

On 22/08/2019 at 23:34, Andavari said:

outdated

...mh, the one and only last and best windows version ever can not handle this? :-)) not bad. "outdated"

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"