Installed latest version of ccleaner

I purchased and installed a new versions of ccleaner yesterday. The software appeared to work great as my PC ran much faster. After rebooting my machine today it looks like my keyboard and mouse are not functioning. After rebooting I was presented with a keyboard screen with different country formats. The keyboard does not function at all! I

• Moderators

if you took the offered option to backup the registry before removing stuff then restore it using that file and see if everything returns to normal.

put simply THERE IS NO NEED TO CLEAN THE REGISTRY.
official MS word on the matter; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

what you are entrusting CCleaner with is the Dev team keeping up with all the Win10 regular releases - and let's be honest here, this is the team who regularly release buggy code.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Don't use any registry cleaner with Win 10, they just can't keep up with the changes that Microsoft make on a regular basis.
mta gave you a link to MS's official position.

Dave CCleaner has indicated that they are going to move CCs reg cleaner from the 'big button' into the advanced tools section, so less people will be tempted to use it.

I'm guessing that the registry cleaner removed registry entries that linked  the Mouse/Keyboard USB drivers to the USB port(s).

Simply unplugging and replugging the USB connections (or dongles if they are wireless) should get Windows 10 to correct things again.
(I've had it happen with wirless mice seemingly for no reason, unplug/replug usually fixes it).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
3 hours ago, nukecad said:

Simply unplugging and replugging the USB connections (or dongles if they are wireless) should get Windows 10 to correct things again.
(I've had it happen with wirless mice seemingly for no reason, unplug/replug usually fixes it).

Win10 has all on it's own sometimes has issues with USB devices, the last thing it needs is additional help breaking something.