Junk Removal Process

chandleyj

When using CCleaner on my computer after being away for some time and, having accumulated a lot of junk, I usually run it several times expecting to see fewer and fewer junk files displayed. This doesn't always happen since recently, I've noticed that subsequent cleaning steps may actually show more junk files left. What's going on and what is a reasonable number of times I should have to run the program to completely clean my system?

• Moderators

Windows creates and uses all kinds of temporary files all the time. So you delete them and Windows recreates them.

Sometimes though deleting one file will free up other files from use that can then be deleted. (And eventually get created again).

It's especially noticable with Windows10 which works differently from older Windows versions.

I personally let Windows10 take care of Windows files. (With me using Storage Sense and/or Disk Clean-up now and again).

Browser files (cookies)  and application files  won't always be cleared by those (or not often enough) so you let CCleaner deal with those.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043