wow! YOU CAN WIN A 42 INCH PLASMA !

lucifer

HA HA HA... YEAH RIGHT!

I see on Ccleaners home page they have started cheap advertising like press here so you can win a 42 inch plasma , yeah right, so I will.It'll be as popular as press the "Fart button" you know you want to.Anyone that falls for that cheap trick deserves adware/spyware/tracking cookies etc. Come on Ccleaner less of the cheap tricks! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Next it will be free smileys! (with abundance of adware/spyware) to boot! :angry::angry::angry:

Yeah, then "free screensaver".

And then comes the floats, popups, popunders. And when you close the popup, it comes 10 new ones.

Then comes "You have been infected by spyware, goto this website and download the spyware cleaner" (which just happends to be the spyware). :D

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Download and install the MVPS.org HOSTS file and you most likely won't see any ad's, and it will remove some malicious links to rogue software.

I agree I use FF with Adblock and I very rarely get these silly adverts.

If you must see them, take them with a pinch of salt.

Do you shout at the TV when all the adverts come on between programs, this is just another way Mr G and Co and trying to get money to keep this product free.

I think it's time to cut these guys some slack.

Do you shout at the TV when all the adverts come on between programs, this is just another way Mr G and Co and trying to get money to keep this product free.

I don't know about ad-block, but I keep my computer clean and use a slightly-modified FF, and I rarely, if eer, get pop-ups. Plus I use a Javascript blocker (NoScript -- a blessing and a curse), it can block most ads from even appearing. My experience on CCleaner mostly has the google ads at the top, but that's easy to ignore.

• Moderators

My experience on CCleaner mostly has the google ads at the top, but that's easy to ignore.

I rarely see any ad's anywhere and haven't for years, as soon as one gets through it's blocked forever on my system.

Although I must say the most annoying aren't animated gifs which are too distracting, or Macromedia Flash ad's anymore because when I visited Yahoo TV a few times a while back there was some sort of video ad that had Windows Media Player opening which became the most annoying f'n s**t I've ever seen therefore I blocked that whole sucky ad server on my system in every browser and in the HOSTS file.

i want a free plasma!!!!!!!!

could anyone hook me up? thanks, ill give you an IOU, dont worry!

If you win the plasma TV and I win the free beer we can work something out! Of course I may get a four year head start on the beer drinking...

If you win the free beer and I win the TV maybe we can trade.

If I win both you may be out of luck.

Thank you for saying that mps69_1999. I totally agree with you. ;)

All of the complaining is getting seriously ridiculous. :angry:

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)