How do you coordinate your "anti" apps?

slowday444

I keep active: ewido because it has a specialty (worms, trojans etc); NOD32 (virus specialty) plus it monitors my mail also; Spy Sweeper; and ZoneAlarm Pro. Inactive, but I keep them updated: Windows Defender; Spyware Doctor; AdAware and SB Search&Destroy. My work IT person had left Spyware Doctor expire, that is when I puchased Spy Sweeper. Prior to that, I had SD and MS AntiSpyware monitoring at the same time. There did not appear to be any conflicts or slow down of my PC. The SD license has been renewed, do you think I should allow it or WD turned on with SpySweeper?

I have Ewido and E-trust vet which I use as on demand scanners only.

The only apps I run are ZAP,mainly for program control as I have a hardware firewall and run Firefox through Sandboxie.

I have set FF to block third party cookies,noscipt and adblock plus extensions.

Here is pick of all my running services.

I have Ewido and E-trust vet which I use as on demand scanners only.

The only apps I run are ZAP,mainly for program control as I have a hardware firewall and run Firefox through Sandboxie.

I have set FF to block third party cookies,noscipt and adblock plus extensions.

Here is pick of all my running services.

:blink: wish I had all that kewl stuff

:o noscipt and adblock plus extensions?

:huh: Explain please?

:o noscipt and adblock plus extensions?

:huh: Explain please?

They are both Firefox extensions:

NoScript

AdBlock Plus

If you haven't got Firefox (Get it here) they will be of no use to you, you should try it though, I wouldn't be without it now.

Personally I have Spyware Blaster, AVG and Sygate running constantly. Run Ewido and AdAware about once a week, AVG once a fortnight and CCleaner about once an hour :D. Also, as it was mentioned, I browse with Firefox using AdBlock (not AdBlock Plus). Don't use NoScript, tried it but just could't get on with it.

I like software that hardens the system security. Like you run them once, then it fixes things and makes it more secure and then you dont need it anymore. Or that you can scan whenever you want.

I dont like software that autoruns at startup and sits in the background all day, everyday and consumes system resources and slow things down.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I dont like software that autoruns at startup and sits in the background all day, everyday and consumes system resources and slow things down.

Like what? ZoneAlarm? SpybotSD Tea Timer? Windows Defender? AV software?

I run all of them at startup, and I do not feel any system slowdown. (I have, however, disabled dozens of other useless startup items by Autoruns).

Like what? ZoneAlarm? SpybotSD Tea Timer? Windows Defender? AV software?

I run all of them at startup, and I do not feel any system slowdown. (I have, however, disabled dozens of other useless startup items by Autoruns).

I dont have antivirus software. I use Ad-Aware a little sometimes though. I like HijackThis, SafeXP, etc.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png