CCCleaner left color box on screen

DKCDKC

Downloaded and ran CCCleaner. Did a great job on the Registry, so I set it to clean the Internet browsers.  Seemed to be running smoothly when the screen went black.  Mouse pointer moved - but nothing on keyboard would affect anything.  A small - about half inch - color square appeared a few inches from the left side of the screen and a few from the bottom.  Then the system rebooted.  I signed on normally but the small square now is fixed in that location over anything on the screen.  What could cause it and how do I get ride of it.

Running Windows 10.  No other problems noted.

After a series of rebooting, the little square suddenly vanished.  I was going to send an image of it but the screen capture function wouldn't show it...  But it was there.  A colorful ghost.

• Moderators

could the coloured squares have been desktop icons that somehow got squashed by the CC clean?

are you missing any?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

It does sound like this could have been a desktop icon that had been removed but the graphics still thought it was there and so left a 'hole' for it.

Have you noticed any programme icon missing from your desktop?

If it happens again then I suggest rebuilding your icon cache; don't worry its not hard to do, just google it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043