shutdown -s

TheFiresInTheSky

i have added this to peoples startup folders but they can just hold down shift and get past it. how would you add this kind of stuff to the registry? explain in detail please since i know nothing about it.

Why would you do that?

There is no reason at all to shutdown Windows, right after a user logs on

The only two reasons I can see, is either to irritate the user, or to create malicious software

Do you have a valid reason?

• Moderators

Why would you do that?

There is no reason at all to shutdown Windows, right after a user logs on

The only two reasons I can see, is either to irritate the user, or to create malicious software

Do you have a valid reason?

To be a f**cking nuisance!

im just curious about this kind of stuff. say for instance everytime i click a little icon on my desktop, it would "show desktop" then switch user. how would i do that?

• Moderators

im just curious about this kind of stuff.

Having somebody's comp shutdown right after it starts isn't being curious, it's showing malice ("malicious intent") against that person. Don't be surprised if nobody is going to help you with your little project of inputting it into the registry.

Hey Aaron

Can you give us more info on how you "added it" to people's startup folders ? did you mean you add it to other users startup folder on your own pc or add it to others people pc's remotely or via a file they download ?

I'm sure people would be willing to help if you can explain why its being used but it does sound like its for malicious use as I cannot imagine anyone appreciating a shutdown script in the startup folder. Its the same for the Log Off question, there is already a quick way to log in or out using the Start Menu so its hard to see how a script to automate it could benefit anyone. If your interested in cracking or hacking Id suggest you consider using that knowledge to help people rather than infect pc's. Stick with your Myspaces site, its alot safer :)

i just like knowing stuff like this. how bout, say a shortcut to do many things at once. say, maybe clear the desktop, then switching users. how about that one?

:blink:

The best thing you can do it learn it for yourself and read sites that give details of the registry and the use of scripts, you could test it on your own pc but mistakes could mean you having to reinstall Windows, If someone posted the commands to log off and delete files then you could make a mistake somewhere writing the script maybe because you didnt fully understand the command line switches and damage your pc.

Here's a few sites that may help

Winguides

Description of the registry

TheElderGeek

Command-line reference