CCleaner removes items in Word's Work menu

soybean

The Work menu is not shown on Word's default menu but can be added in any version of Word starting with Word 97. I see that any items I add to the Work menu get removed when I ran a CCleaner scan of Applications, including Office. If I do not include Office in the scan, then, of course, this does not happen.

I suppose there's no way to include Office in the Applications scan but elect to have CCleaner leave the Work menu as is. Am I right?

Apparently, the file involved in index.dat.

You heard about OpenOffice?

It is a free, open source office suite that supports the OpenDocument format among many other formats.

http://www.openoffice.org

You are sooo funny. :lol:

In your signature you should just put something like: "Convert to the best software: (Then the links)". It would save you lots of typing. ;) You could also add in your signature "Remove these programs if you're using them: (Then list the software)". :P

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

You are sooo funny. :lol:

In your signature you should just put something like: "Convert to the best software: (Then the links)". It would save you lots of typing. ;) You could also add in your signature "Remove these programs if you're using them: (Then list the software)". :P

Heh, true dat! Course then, I might actually catch up to him in posts! :lol:

Although, I must admit that his suggestions are "fixes" in a round-about way... :P

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

Well the only thing I can say is don't allow CCleaner to clean your version of Office. I do know that the Microsoft Office Publisher 97 entry found in the winapp2.ini entry is safe and only removes recent documents, hence I submitted it.

I must admit that his suggestions are "fixes" in a round-about way... :P

Stop complaining, it's expected from him so it doesn't even bother me, and I only wish the CCleaner forums would have been in existence a full year earlier because suggestions to get OpenOffice would have meant I wouldn't have bought MS Office 2003 only to use two programs from the bloated $300 installation.

Well the only thing I can say is don't allow CCleaner to clean your version of Office. I do know that the Microsoft Office Publisher 97 entry found in the winapp2.ini entry is safe and only removes recent documents, hence I submitted it.

Thanks for that follow-up. I skimmed through and saw it in there, but I couldn't test it. So just gave the link.

Stop complaining,

Seriously? :unsure: I didn't think that anyone was complaining.

Are you kidding? :huh: If so.... :P hehe

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

@ krit86lr

I'm in a stupid silly mood tonight so I was just kidding. :P

By the way I just turned on images in Opera and noticed your avatar, it looks cool!

Thanks! I'm all about Deviant Art right now. You should go look at my desktop. So much fun after all of that hell to get it there. (remember?)

PS - Glad you were j/k :P

PSS - Hijacked thread again. Sorry.

Stop complaining, it's expected from him so it doesn't even bother me...

Hehe, no complaints here. I only say it cause I know Eldmannen will take it well. :P

After all, I have a feeling he hasn't hijacked nearly as many topics as I have! And that is a title I will fight over to the death!

So don't even try to catch up with me, K, or doom on you!! :angry:

Well, if you have a Volkswagen but you have a problem with it transmission, you should get a Ferrari.

Eldmannen

Sigh... :D

That was beautiful.

ding, ding!

• Moderators

So don't even try to catch up with me, K, or doom on you!! :angry:

Sigh... :D

That was beautiful.

But the real funny thing is a Ferrari would probably eat up it's transmission well before a VW would. In any event I like the new VW Golf GTI, now if they only had an R34 version here in the U.S.

But the real funny thing is a Ferrari would probably eat up it's transmission well before a VW would. In any event I like the new VW Golf GTI, now if they only had an R34 version here in the U.S.

STOP IT!!! I'm the one hijacking this thread, NOT YOU!

Now if only I knew anything at all about cars...

ding, ding!

• Moderators

Now if only I knew anything at all about cars...

You can learn allot about cars if you open the hood on your Yugo and look at the engine, hint it's that little thing under the hood that you have to use a microscope to see. ~ That'll teach you a lesson after dumping Cheez Whiz on my noggin'.

You can learn allot about cars if you open the hood on your Yugo and look at the engine, hint it's that little thing under the hood that you have to use a microscope to see. ~ That'll teach you a lesson after dumping Cheez Whiz on my noggin'.

Ouch. That was harsh.

Course, I suppose I sorta asked for it, now didn't I?

ding, ding!

Just joking.

Suuuuuure you were! Go ahead, just try dissin' my wheels again, why don't you?!

ding, ding!