Cleaning more than one Firefox profile

BywaterNYC

Hello!

Using Firefox's Profile Manager, I recently created an additional Firefox 40.0.3 profile, and now have two profiles.

CCleaner monitors the original default profile located in Firefox's default profile location on Windows 7.

I'd like to add the second profile to CCleaner's "Include" list. I created the second profile elsewhere on my computer, however — not in Firefox's default location for profiles.

In order to include this second folder, I need to know which files, folders, or subfolders to target for cleaning. As I look through Firefox's various folders, it's not at all obvious which files and/or folders those might be.

Can anyone help? I'd be most grateful, and thanks.

B.

Windows 7 Pro, SP1 (64 bit)

Firefox 40.0.3

CCleaner 5.08.5308  (64 bit)

CCleaner Professional v6.17.10746  (64-bit)

Windows 10 Pro v21H2  (64-bit) 

help this? there are the places where ff have his datacollection stored -- go to your second profil, there should be the files you looking for.

english:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

german:

https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/benutzerprofile-mit-ihren-persoenlichen-daten

i've never used more than 1 profile and therefore i can only give this link ...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators
http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsersFor multiple profiles add an ascending number to CustomLocationIni

can enter as many locations for CCleaner to clean ... but they must be in the following format:CustomLocationX=FIREFOX|[folder path]Where X is a whole number starting at 1 and going upwards.
Or registry

Right-click the CCleaner node and click New, then click String Value.Type CustomLocationX where X is a unique positive whole number (1,2,3 and so on).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Vielen Dank, Trium. Das ist sehr hilfreich!  ( <----- Google Translate. Hope it's correct! :D )

Kind thanks to you, Nergal. May I trouble you with a few more questions? Here's a screenshot of the CCleaner "Include" screen:

N1DnFNp.png

1. Under "File Types," do I choose "All Files," or  "File types"? If the latter, which file types should I specify?

2. Under "Options," do you know which of the three drop-down options I should choose?

Include files only
Include files and subfolders
Include files, subfolders and the folder itself

Thank you both for your help. Greatly appreciated!

• Moderators

Uhhhhhh what?

None of my instructions were for the includes section. Please read the link I provided.

If your questions are in a more general vein, and not related to the original question, then it all depends on what you want removed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I see. I'm sorry.

My tech skills are so remedial that the letters "ini" don't even register on my brain. (And I was looking at your quotes, and overlooked the link.)

So....homework, then. Buckle up for safety.

Herewith the fraught CCleaner journey of the addled elderly, and a happy ending.

You will look in C:\Program Files\CCleaner (and scour every corner of your computer if you're me) for the elusive ccleaner.ini.  You will not find it.

At which point you'll recall a passage from the support pages:

"All CCleaner INI files must be located in the application installation folder (typically, C:\Program Files\CCleaner). By default, none of the INI files exist when you first install the application."

Ahhh, you'll think, no INI files exist when CCleaner is first installed, but since I installed CCleaner years ago, maybe INI came and went. Maybe I'll uninstall and reinstall CCleaner. Maybe a new installation of CCleaner will "discover" the second Firefox profile, and I can bypass INI fiddling altogether. Or maybe running the new installation half a dozen times will cause a new INI to materialize as if by magic.

Fast-forward: Nope.

By this time hours have elapsed, and being no closer to a solution, I'm ready to bail. Then I spot a small UN-ticked box in the Options > Advanced screen.  "Save all settings to INI file," it says.

wARS2lM.png

Bingo! After ticking the box, I go back to C:\Program Files\CCleaner, and there, big as life and twice as ugly, is ccleaner.ini.  

After adding this line to the file.....

CustomLocation2=FIREFOX|C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Alternate Firefox Profile

....I can confirm that CCleaner is indeed cleaning the new Firefox profile. Hooray!

The takeaway is that to conjure the mythical INI, the all-important "Save all settings to INI file" box must be ticked, because it is not ticked by default. (Forgive an old person's silly question, but....why isn't it?)

Thank you all for your support. Am pouring a stiff drink and going to bed.

• 2 weeks later...