Microsoft Office Word 2003 options reseting!

Mercury_22

Hi !

I think this is a bug but i'm not sure:When i run CCleaner with Office 2003 check under Applications tab all my custom options from Microsoft Office Word 2003 (Tools->Options->General, Edit.......)are reset to initial settings! :(

How can i fix this (keep my custom option and clean office crap)? :o

hmm well, i guess it's not a bug! Its just that you have Office 2003 applications checked for CCleaner to clean out.

Open CCleaner

Under Cleaner Settings, click Applications

Under Applications, tick off Office 2003

ccleaner2xw.jpg

And... i'm not sure how you would clean the office craps.. but removing the checkmark from Office 2003 will keep your custom settings alone.

Hope that helps.. :)

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

• Moderators

This it's happening only with Word ! :blink:

Excel,Access....are NOT affected! :(

Well in Office 97 & XP the settings for Access are being deleted!

When looking at the CCleaner winapp.ini entry it cleary is deleting the settings for Word however this isn't just an Office 2003 issue, it will also happen in Office XP. After being bitten a number of times I disabled Office 2003 cleaning many months ago so I wouldn't have to reconfigure it.

Don't forget to use the 'Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard' which is in 'All Programs->Microsoft Office->Microsoft Office Tools' to backup your preferred configuration because it will not only create a backup it can restore your settings from the backup.

I found an excellent fix so that you don't have to worry about your Office 2003 settings ever again! This link will explain it better than I can. :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

I found an excellent fix so that you don't have to worry about your Office 2003 settings ever again! This link will explain it better than I can. :D

Yeah well that won't do allot of good for those of us who purchased MS Office without any prior knowledge of OpenOffice.org, and t least for myself I paid over $300 USD for MS Office, I like it and I'm going to keep using it - well this version at least, on my next comp I'll be using OpenOffice.org!

It isn't an issue of MS Office versus OpenOffice.org it's clearly a CCleaner issue that's been an issue for many long months of wiping out some MS Office settings which in my views those entries that remove the user settings for Word, etc., should be removed from CCleaner, the last time I checked my preferred Word, etc., settings weren't junk. To be blunt and to the point it pissed me off when I found out that CCleaner was the reason I had to constantly reconfigure Word 2003, hence the reason I disabled Office 2003 cleaning.

The problem appears to be these lines in winapp.ini:

[Office XP]

RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data|Settings

[Office 2003]

RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data|Settings

If you delete the appropriate line for your version of Office, the settings would be left alone but you'd have to edit winapp.ini every time you upversion CCleaner. Also, Mr. G may have had a reason for this.

It isn't an issue of MS Office versus OpenOffice.org it's clearly a CCleaner issue...

I know, I were only kidding.

I gotta give MS Office users crap, since I myself used to be one and all. :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

The problem appears to be these lines in winapp.ini:

[Office XP]

RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data|Settings

[Office 2003]

RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data|Settings

If you delete the appropriate line for your version of Office, the settings would be left alone but you'd have to edit winapp.ini every time you upversion CCleaner. Also, Mr. G may have had a reason for this.

Thanks Glenn! :D

And i have to agree with Andavari "last time I checked my preferred Word, etc., settings weren't junk"