SorceForge joins bundled installers club

hazelnut

Guest Keatah

This goes one step further. Adds yet another layer on-top of the already-included-in-the-installer-malware. I take extraordinary measures to avoid things like this.

• Moderators

I've always steered clear of "download installers" as there's absolutely no need for them except to download something you weren't expecting, or as in this case something extra in the installer itself.

Usually you can find an alternative straightforward download of what you're after, but if you can't, then call it a day on that particular piece of software. You can probably live without it or find a similar alternative.

• Moderators

Usually you can find an alternative straightforward download of what you're after, but if you can't, then call it a day on that particular piece of software. You can probably live without it or find a similar alternative.

Reminds me of MediaCoder!!! But I found in my opinion better easier to use alternatives without all the fluff.

• Moderators

Reminds me of MediaCoder!!! But I found in my opinion better easier to use alternatives without all the fluff.

You're spot on with that one. I used to use that a lot, and it was good until it got tampered with.

And there were better alternatives to be found once you were forced to go looking for them.