Startup Tab

Busties

• Moderators

How can we answer without a list of the entries on your machine?

Also that's really a personal choice thing, I'd say look at each entry, make a google/bing/Yahoo/DDG/favoriteInternetSearchEngine Search on each and decide.

For instance most media players have a "helper" app that starts up, you rarely need this program to be running, especiallly for media players that aren't your default use one

[threads merged]

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I understand why you would say that but I recv'd a HP 2000 Notebook Pc for Xmas and I do not know if all that comes loaded on it needs to be started when my PC starts.

Working with Win8 is confusing enough and alot of the things that are starting are different from which I am use to.

If I can get instructions on what you would need me to send in order for you to look at what im a talking would I greatly appreciate it.

I do see that there is a save to text in the lower right hand corner of the startup page

I have been messages stating that if I disable items from starting when my PC starts that I can decrease my Start up time.

That is why am am asking Piriform. Because that is where I can see ALL items that are starting when I turn on PC.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thank you All very much

• Moderators

I'd save the text file on the Desktop that way it's easier to find when uploading, and easier to find when you're done with it so you can delete it.

To attach the text file:

When in the post/reply screen look at the bottom-left and you'll see Attach Files, click the Choose Files... button and then it will let you browse to that .txt file on your hard disk to upload it.