I'm thinking many of you that are pretty computer

slowday444

I do like the way that Disk Cleaner is set up. I like the icons shown next to each of the areas cleaned, to give you a better idea of what is being cleaned, to make the items easier to locate, and just to give you eye candy. I think that in the future, that would make a nice addition to CCleaner. I image it would make the installer / program size quite a bit larger, but they wouldn't have to be real hi-rez images.

Anyway, CCleaner still pwns Disk Cleaner, but there is always room for improvement.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

I image it would make the installer / program size quite a bit larger, but they wouldn't have to be real hi-rez images.

Not necessarily any bigger at all, well maybe only a few bytes for the code because it could just pull and autosize the icons down and display them from the already installed application just like Explorer does.

Not necessarily any bigger at all, well maybe only a few bytes for the code because it could just pull and autosize the icons down and display them from the already installed application just like Explorer does.

You're talking get the icons from an OS file like shell32.dll? That makes sense.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• 4 weeks later...

When i was looking for free alternatives to all my software some time ago, that was one of the apps i come across. Good but no ccleaner.

I've used that cleaner from the .nl website. Here is another good free one also. http://stevengould.org/

Cleanup 4.0 - It can be made to run off cd if you browse to the program directory and burn it's folder to cd.

You don't really need the uninstall.exe or uninstall.dat since you are running off cd, so you can delete those. The .dat only tells the uninstall.exe where to look anyway. But that was if you were installing it.

Cleanup can remove almost as much junk as C-Cleaner can. It's fast. Free. I think it cleans all user folders. But I'm not sure. You can use winrar to make a silent installer to make it "install" cleanup to c;\program files & run the cleanup executable if you wish, so you can have options. Otherwise, standard are fine but just running it won't give you advance options to select. You probably won't be needing to delete anyone's shortcut's anytime soon. Just their internet garbage + pc trash.

C-Cleaner does have it beat though. Reg cleaner, startup cleaner (no more msconfig!!! hooray!!!), secure wipe, add/remove programs ability. Mmmmm... Perfect... if I can run it off cd. But it won't yet. Why? What is it about installing C-Cleaner that makes it only run when you install it? Is it a registry key? .dll file? What am I missing?

Thanks!!!