Ccleaner uninstaller

Eli

Hi

Does the ccleaner uninstaller erases related uninstalled prog reg keys?

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Even better is to FIRST use RevoUninstaller to launch program removal.

That OBSERVES the things which the programs own uninstaller attacks,

and after that process is completed it then visits the files / folders / Registry keys that were dealt with,

and then RevoUninstaller will revisit those observed regions looking for related residuals that merit mopping up.

After that you can still use CCleaner Registry cleaning to see if there are an spurious keys that were totally ignored by the programs own uninstaller and thus not observed by RevoUninstaller.

I actually use ZSoft uninstaller that in MHO does a better job than Revo, but I thought I`d ask as I use ccleaner regulary and have never used the built in uninstaller.

• Moderators

It depends on what you are uninstalling.

A programs own installer (which is what ccleaner will trigger) should cleanup after itself. I always use a programs own uninstaller first as some softwares (such as security based ones) will try to protect themselves against 3rd party uninstallers such as revo, because as far as they are concerned they may be malware trying to kill them so they can get inside a users machine.

Then you can end up with a botched uninstall.

My take on this is always use a programs own uninstaller first.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I actually use ZSoft uninstaller that in MHO does a better job than Revo, but I thought I`d ask as I use ccleaner regulary and have never used the built in uninstaller.

It depends on what you are uninstalling.

A programs own installer (which is what ccleaner will trigger) should cleanup after itself. I always use a programs own uninstaller first as some softwares (such as security based ones) will try to protect themselves against 3rd party uninstallers such as revo, because as far as they are concerned they may be malware trying to kill them so they can get inside a users machine.

Then you can end up with a botched uninstall.

My take on this is always use a programs own uninstaller first.

Zsoft uninstaller makes a use of the targeted program uninstaller first and only after that it will clean registry remains, I `m not sure about Revo procedures, if I`m not mistaken it will do the same.

Zsoft uninstaller makes a use of the targeted program uninstaller first and only after that it will clean registry remains, I `m not sure about Revo procedures, if I`m not mistaken it will do the same.

You are correct, that is how the free version works.

The Pro version has the ability to observe and record details of an installation so that it can not only mop up residues that removal left behind,

but in addition it knows any totally unrelated registry keys and folders that are only known to the original installer.

I suspect that Pro Revo will understand that when product Y from Company X is removed,

then Registry Key / Folder "X\Y" is good to go

but "X" must be preserved whilst product Z from Company Y remains installed.

You are correct, that is how the free version works.

The Pro version has the ability to observe and record details of an installation so that it can not only mop up residues that removal left behind,

but in addition it knows any totally unrelated registry keys and folders that are only known to the original installer.

I suspect that Pro Revo will understand that when product Y from Company X is removed,

then Registry Key / Folder "X\Y" is good to go

but "X" must be preserved whilst product Z from Company Y remains installed.

This I could never understand, what happens while in the time you installed a program and recorded that installation you also installed some other programs that you did not record and then you want to uninstall the recorded installation, will it uninstall the new comers as well since it did not have any records of these? will it revert some other unrecorded changes made to the registry? Zsoft has that function and I`m afraid to use that function, I asked them the same question and never got an answer from them, I gues that getting the program for free does not include questions and answers :)

• Moderators

I always use a programs own uninstaller first as some softwares (such as security based ones) will try to protect themselves against 3rd party uninstallers such as revo, because as far as they are concerned they may be malware...

I usually follow the same rule of thumb with security software with the only exception being MSE which cooperates nicely with what Revo Uninstaller does. I however always use the softwares own included uninstaller if it's for anything drivers related; display driver, etc.