Operating System other than Win/Mac

LapDRx

Been a huge fan of CCleaner when it was actually Crap Cleaner. I would like to know if there is going to be a build for us Linux Superusers? If so, would you be willing to open source the build, or restict it as a private. If I remember right, the very first editions were built on Unix foundations, so it'll be like pulling it out the closet and dusting it off.

This has been discussed several times before. Personally I don't see it ever happening; Linux's market share is far too low for Piriform to consider developing for the platform. If you look at it from a business perspective (Piriform is a business, after all) the return-on-investment for Linux development would be much lower than for other platforms. In addition to the market share concern, Linux users aren't known for their propensity towards actaully buying software.

There's always BleachBit; which I've always found to do a stellar job. At least on Ubuntu.

I'm Shane.

I have also started a thread about developing CCleaner for Linux since I used Linux.

I wasnt that happy with BleachBit. I didnt liked the interface and I have loyalty to CCleaner so I wish this would happen. I have suggested the use of CCleaner to a lot users.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

this is a hard one because different linux distros place programs,logs,junks in different locations from each othrr

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I agree with Ishi that I dislike Bleachbit's interface.

I agree with Nergal that different distro's place different things in different locations, making it hard.

I agree with the WebAtom that in general, Linux users aren't know for buying software. But then, (my opinion), neither are Windows users!

Lastly, I also agree with LapDRx that a Linux CCleaner would be nice, but I don't know if they will ever do that...

See? I'm very agreeable today! LOL!