How to remove XP Pro password/domain?

LuLu

My brother got an old computer from work. We booted it up and we cannot log onto Windows. It prompts for a username (which is auto-filled), password and domain (also auto-filled). It happens even in safe mode. This system has been sitting in a back room for a good 2 or 3 years so no one knows the info that's needed. Is there any way to remove this mess without having to install XP? We have no clean install disks and obviously have no recovery disk for it...

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

You are treading on shaky ground here LuLu as it's not really a good idea for us on the forum to give out info like that (I'm sure you can understand why)

There are ways, you will have to google I'm afraid.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Yeah I have no idea how to do that. lol I was able to remove the passwords/unlock the usernames with an ISO I found but still can't do anything. The autofilled login name wasn't even on the list of usernames that came up. So I'm stumped. The guy who gave my brother the computer said he'd look for the log book for it because it would have the info we need, but he said it most likely got tossed back when they upgraded everything and phased out the old system. So unless someone comes to my rescue, I'm afraid I have a Dell paperweight. lol

But anyway, aside from having an insane sinus infection, I'm good. Finally...after Lord knows how long of trying...I got myself enrolled in school. So I'm studying Medical Coding/Billing. It's been good so far, but so far it's just been anatomy and diseases and such. In about 6 weeks we start the actual coding and billing stuff. Hopefully i can do it. How have you been?

Winapp - not sure Ubunutu is the right choice. lol My bro took the computer for me in hopes that I could use it for school. The coding programs I have to install are probably going to piss of my current desktop (its very picky) so he was hoping this would work for me. And I don't think Ubunutu is a supported format for my programs. haha So I reeeeaaallly need to try to gain access to Windows.

Hi Dennis! Yes school is good! I'm enjoying it. Well, except for right now because I cant see straight or concentrate on what I'm reading in my books. This freaking sinus infection needs to hit the road!!

• Moderators

based on Hazelnut's post I've hiddenremoved the solution to this issue. the original poster is a long time and very helpful member, as is the answerer, so I'm glad that LuLu got her answer; however anybody else needs to follow hazelnut's advice and use a search engine.

topic closed, sorry LuLu, hate to be the bad guy but…

Edited by Nergal
changed post from "hidden" to "removed"

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com