The things you hear in bestbuy....

rridgely

• Moderators

I went to bestbuy yesterday to buy a new monitor. Ended up with this:

http://www.bestbuy.c...311xi&cp=1&lp=1

23 inch IPS display for 169.99(was on sale). So far it seems pretty good. Not 100% sure I'm going to keep it yet. Gonna see what else I can find.

While I was in there I heard a salesman trying to sell a laptop to an older couple. They asked what kind of laptop they should buy and they were looking at a cheap laptop with a Pentium processor. The salesman told them that pentiums were old technology and that Intel hasn't changed them in 10 years! -_- I couldn't help but start laughing.

Your link carries a $70.00 markup when accessed from the U.K.

It is charged at $239.99 including Free Shipping.

There is no such thing as a free dinner - nor free shipping from Bestbuys :P

While I was in there I heard a salesman trying to sell a laptop to an older couple. They asked what kind of laptop they should buy and they were looking at a cheap laptop with a Pentium processor. The salesman told them that pentiums were old technology and that Intel hasn't changed them in 10 years! -_- I couldn't help but start laughing.

Yeah, not everyone requires super computing. He should have found out what they needed it for, then tried to find one that meets their needs.

• Moderators

The salesman told them that pentiums were old technology and that Intel hasn't changed them in 10 years! -_-

Most sales people men and women I've encountered in any kind of store regardless of what you're buying a TV, refrigerator, clothing, car, etc., don't know any better than the customer. It's always better for the customer to walk into the store full of pre-assimilated knowledge and just tell the salesperson what they want.

This is why I can't go to best buy.

One time, in Wal*Mart, I trolled a poor employee by asking how "a laptop with 4 gigaherz of memory could play the world of warcraft" He proceeded to tell me that "AMD didn't stand for anything and was the same thing as an intel"

I tried to get my friend to bring a toy laptop for ages 3-5 (pink, presumably a barbie product) over to the man and ask him to explain why the ASUS laptop was so much more expensive, but he couldn't do it without cracking up.

• Moderators

I tried to get my friend to bring a toy laptop for ages 3-5 (pink, presumably a barbie product) over to the man and ask him to explain why the ASUS laptop was so much more expensive, but he couldn't do it without cracking up.

That would've been priceless! :lol:

Hmm, I'd like to try that with a toy car at a car dealership and even offer an even trade - my toy Corvette for your real one. :lol:

... better for the customer to walk into the store full of pre-assimilated knowledge and just tell the salesperson what they want.

+1

At best buy, you get the impression that good advice is available because there is a lot of stock on display. And they will give you an opinion. Some, but very few, are aware that it is just their opinion. I go there to look at stuff, then buy it somewhere else. Its mean, I know, but best buy and I go waaay back.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I tend to shoo the sales people away in Best Buy, because more often than not, they haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Try unplugging your harddrive and bringing it to Geek Squad... "yeah, looks like you had too many gigahertz the hidden partition of BIOS RAM, you're gonna need a new motherboard.."

It's like listening to CSI (or NCIS, but I think NCIS does that on purpose to make fun of the other shows)

Try unplugging your harddrive and bringing it to Geek Squad... "yeah, looks like you had too many gigahertz the hidden partition of BIOS RAM, you're gonna need a new motherboard.."

LOL! You wouldn't believe how many believe this kind of lingo! I had to rescue this lady in Walmart once from someone in electronics that just didn't have a clue!