Kingsoft Office 2012

hazelnut

• Moderators

Once again Kingsoft offers a version for free use.

No Java required :)

Useful if you hate Java and cannot afford Microsoft Office. There are other free Office type versions out there such as Libre. I'm just posting this as yet another user choice.

http://www.kingsoftstore.com/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Let us know how how it works for you.

I used it to make a spreadsheet, word document, and a presentation document. Put pictures, graphs, text, and videos in them. Worked very well, fast, intuitive. Familiar interface. Much smaller installer than Libre Office or Open Office.

With beyondo set for the year 2016 the "writer" app worked, so maybe there is no time limit issue, but now I have a couple of files that were created four years from now :). (Interestingly this forum site popped up a warning that the security certificate had a problem, turns out it is not valid yet. Poses some existential questions. )

The installer wants to phone out to 8 68 150 212, which is in China. I think maybe the individual apps do that also, when you start them, but not sure about that. Paragraph 14 of the eula says they intend to collect data ... etc.

Outpost firewall caught it, but if one were using windows firewall, which doesn't stop out bound traffic, one would not know about that, ... is that correct?

Outpost firewall shows these exes that want to phone out so I blocked them and the apps still work:

- et.exe (no kidding ... ET phones home :P)

- office_suite_free_2012.exe

- updateself.exe

- wpp.exe

- wps.ex

- wpsupdate.exe

Soooo, I like it, but would surely want to block it from phoning home.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.