All knowing board, why does this wallpaper change resolution after the descktop icons appear?

slowday444

My wife wanted a spring theme so this was it but it doesn't show the orange mulch at the base of the tree in the forefront, which actually makes the image look better imo. Upon boot, the taskbar is loaded and the full (and correct) image is visable but as soon as the icons load it ends up like this. I've tried numerous resolutions but nothing works. Thank you for any suggestions!

screenshot001ffb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators

Are you using XP?

What is your monitor size?

Also what size is the wallpaper image?

(Noticed you had the blocks of colour around the desktop icons and label, you can remove them easily by the way)

http://marksxp.mvps.org/WindowsXP/boarders.php

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Change resolution, or size can mean the wallpaper isn't sized for your screen size, i.e.; 1024x768, etc. Windows allows you to better fit wallpapers by using Center, or Stretch (it defaults to stretch usually which is sometimes wrong). Although I don't know why Windows would change the resolution upon boot, it shouldn't be doing that.

Sometimes if the size is really off such as too big of a wallpaper I usually resize the image down in a painting program such as Paint.Net. Or just look on the site the wallpaper came from for a more correct size for what you have your monitor resolution sized at.