No more Ubuntu/Linux?

Super Fast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8

I see a few features that sound nice, such as Windows to go on a flash drive. Also, that secure boot will NOT be disabled, locking out Linux.

First thoughts are: Doesn't Ubuntu/Linux already boot from flash drives?

Second thoughts are: How is MS ever gonna pull off this highly illegal anti-competitive business practice without being sued into the dirt?

Third thoughts are: We are still getting used to Vista & 7. Do we really NEED another Windows?

Final thoughts are: If you can't use a device the way you want to, & it cripples all Linux versions, what good is it? I mean, who will use it?

Is Windows 7 the last OS for MS before they nail their own coffin shut by implementing such draconion measures that people revolt against it?

Only time will tell, but this sure will get interesting fast!

* What do you all think about this? I mean, imagine a world without Ubuntu! Noooo...... :( Goodbye, freedom....

• Moderators

I think ubuntu may gain users due to some changes in Windows' interface coming with windows 8, however both OS' lost me with their interface changes (U-3D is gross and slow as get out. . . on my P4)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Pretty slick. Microsoft can shift the burden the OEMs, saying that it was their option to enable UEFI or not.

Think outside the box a minute, and you suddenly realize that there are a gazillion ways microsoft could have accomplished the same thing, secure booting, if thats what they're after.

The method they chose is to put a BIOS called a UEFI requiring a TPM accessed using a PKI in front of the BIOS from the OEM that runs the OS from microsoft. Aahhh, how's that again? Did I get ANY of that right? :blink:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.