Cleaning the keyboard!

slowday444

So most of you are probably are aware that it is "supposedly safe" to clean a keyboard in a dishwasher. So humor me and assume that it is for a normal non-illuminated one. I use a Logitech illuminated keyboard. Do you think there would be greater risk involved putting it in the dishwasher, e.g. damaging the LEDs or whatever they use to illuminate the keys? No jokes please and thank you!

@ slow, I have an HP Wireless Elite keyboard that I love the way it types & the way it looks.

It is not illuminated, which would probably kill the battery life. But if I were connected, I would love a lighted keyboard. Better yet, a color changeable backlight.

I also have an Onn wireless keyboard that I use sometimes.

• Moderators

I must be honest here I buy really cheap keyboards just costing a couple of pounds and then get rid of them when they get dirty or the letters rub off. I do blast them with an air spray once a week though.

Next time before I throw one out, in the interests of experiment, I will put it in the dishwasher first :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I've Logitech UltraX, probably the best keyboard I've ever used, also pretty cheap.

http://static.market...emium-black.jpg

http://www.logitechs...-01-400x400.jpg

I've heard about cleaning keyboard in the dishwasher before and if I remember right, one of my friend does that. Might try it myself, too.

Also KeyTronics are cool. :D Used to have one like this, but can't anymore because it's too loud.

post-57694-0-59688600-1323262123_thumb.jpg

Edited by nodles

I must be honest here I buy really cheap keyboards just costing a couple of pounds and then get rid of them when they get dirty or the letters rub off. I do blast them with an air spray once a week though.

Next time before I throw one out, in the interests of experiment, I will put it in the dishwasher first :)

Cleaning it regularly does seem like a good idea!

@Hazel, I had a friend who did that in the water cycle of his dishwasher, then let it airdry a few days.

Worked, but then again, all keyboards are different.

Blowing it with a leaf blower works pretty good, as does taking the screws out of the back, taking the membranes out, & spray cleaning the keyboard. Then let it air dry good, & put the membranes back, & screw the screws back in.

I have a combo vac/blower that is electric. Works great on blow mode for dusting out computers & keyboards too!