Opera 11.51

DennisD

• Moderators

(Whispering) I've just upgraded to this, and I can't keep up with my posts.

(Still whispering) Hells teeth. I've never had such an increase in speed upgrading a browser. Gone from 11.01 to 11.51. They even fixed the issue I had with the speed dial in the last version.

Please whisper any replies in case SOD is listening in. :unsure:

• Moderators

Opera is still my favourite browser.

Only thing this 11.51 build doesn't fix for me is the occasional disappearing icons on the favourites bar. Been happening a long time now although it doesn't seem to happen for everyone

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

In checking, Opera was the fastest browser I tested, followed very, very, very closely by Chrome. I'm talking like very close results. 0.046 first load for Opera, & 0.048 for Chrome. Secondary runs were almost dead even.

I would say that Opera is the fastest, although very, very marginally so.

Followed very, very closely by Chrome. Of course, I have not tested the latest Chrome, so it may have surpassed it!

At the time of the testing, perhaps Firefox 5 or so, was a good deal behind in the bench marks, even than lowly Internet Explorer 9.

Have heard that we have a new challenger in the upcoming Firefox 9, so that remains to be seen!

Currently using 7 of firefox, but it should be interesting to see which browser is on top in the next year!

The last couple years have seen browsers go back & forth, with a new speed king almost every month!