Windows One Care beta

rridgely

Ha, I'll be laughing at this project in the months to come. I would not even begin to test this till I hear more about it. I'm sticking with Avast! and Arovax Shield and Anti-Spyware "Which I'm still Testing"

I've used MS's Anti-Spyware and hated it. It uses too much RAM and Scans in the wrong places.

Microsoft should just stick with OS's

• Moderators

The system requirements are listed here. The 550 MB required disk space alone makes me say forget it and I wonder how much stuff it will install.

Hmm, I'll use this possibly inthe future, might be good for those people who need a new antivirus and firewall, but for free...

23301[/snapback]

According to what I read a while back when it's no longer in the beta testing phase it will become commercial software that's subscription based. In short it won't be free for long.

That sounds like rubbish then... Will stick with the stuff that I recommend to most PC users, EZ anti-virus and Windows Firewall (most computer users I talk to freak out when boxes pop up saying something is connecting somewhere).

Are there any firewalls (for non-XP users) where you can just configure incoming downloads?

• Moderators
Are there any firewalls (for non-XP users) where you can just configure incoming downloads?

23348[/snapback]

ZoneAlarm, although it's buggy, and although I'm back and forth between it and WinXP's firewall I do still recommend ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 for Win98 and above since it adds protection where none is present via the OS.

I've downloaded it this morning and everythings running smoothly.

Ran the virus guard and the firewall picked up on many things.

Since I'm starting to add important information to my laptop soon the backup feature is pretty neat (because of the constant reminders).

No problems or complaints...yet.

PS I'm looking at this as a product and not a Microsoft product.

Mike>> That link was spammed full of junk sad how people are so one minded...wish there was mod there to tidy it up.