Google Chrome powered laptops

hazelnut

• Moderators

I don't like the premise behind that at all ...

Google's aim is to encourage people to use web-based applications.

Some web based processes are fine for what they are, but moving toward doing everything on-line and not really under your control? No thanks, I'll stick with doing my "stuff" off-line.

I don't like the premise behind that at all ...

Some web based processes are fine for what they are, but moving toward doing everything on-line and not really under your control? No thanks, I'll stick with doing my "stuff" off-line.

Well, yahoo 11 takes the approach of storing all your archives online instead of on your PC.

How do you like that?

No thanks! I'll stick with 10!

This might be good with stuff like tablets, etc. which require you to stay connected all the time.

And this is quite expensive as they require you to pay $X per user instead of per Chromebook. How ridiculous is that?

Simplicity is hard.

Great. You either pay $350 for a sub-netbook with an OS that consists fully of a browser, or pay $1008 for three years (that $28 a month is for a minimum of 3 years) the same netbook except you'll get a hardware upgrade after three years.

I'm sure IT admins will want to give all their data to Google. And their employees will love it when they have to ask "could I use your Wi-Fi, please?" before signing a million-dollar contract.

Not to mention, it's easy to switch to Google Apps from MS Office, since Google Apps have all the functionality that's built in MSO plus many more things!

:rolleyes:

Piriform French translator