Will my pc be a dinosaur in August of 2008?

slowday444

Well, dont expect to play the latest games on it at 2008, because no that will definitly not work.

But it will be by no terms a bad computer. Sure there will be much faster and better computers avaible. But it will play all the games of today (which will be old by then, but still decent entertainment) it will also be good for surf the internet, listening music, reading mail, writing documents and most casual stuff.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Windows 98 is no longer supported by Microsoft anymore. It is ancient. :)

But my brother still runs it on his computer, since his computer is old. Many people also prefer Windows 98 due to the simplicity, low system demands and light-weight.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators
Many people also prefer Windows 98 due to the simplicity, low system demands and light-weight.

22072[/snapback]

I myself don't prefer it, I can't stand the OS rot that eventually allows it to self destruct, and the overall sluggish performance would suggest if Win98 had feet it would constantly trip all over its own feet. I do however miss not having a DOS mode in NT based OSes formatted with NTFS for the simple fact that a DOS mode allows for easy removal of some nasty stuff, and since there's a plethora of DOS tools that I miss on a daily basis.