HELP! Internet Games Will No Longer Load

Manda

Hi,I have an Acer 3620 that had almost no memory left although there was barely anything left on the system & was running very slowly & freezing up ALOT. I was told I should try cleaning my registry & that CCleaner was a good program to use. Yesterday I installed & ran CCleaner & while it DID free up lots of memory, the games that my 4 yr old was playing online will no longer load. Being somewhat naive about some computer topics (such as this), I didn't consider setting up a system restore point before running CCleaner. I did save the 1st clean I did & replaced all of that last night which helped a bit (we can at least SIGN IN to the games now when we couldn't even do that immediately after running the cleaner) but the rest I didn't & of course when I tried to do a system restore last night, I can't go any farther back than when I ran CCleaner yesterday morning. As I said, the games will allow us to sign in, but the content of them just sits on the loading page & does nothing else. I attempted to update both Java & Flash hoping that would help but it didn't. Can anyone tell me what to do? Have I lost all the content of these games entirely? I have a very upset little girl right now because she can't play with her moshi monster! :o Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, moshi monsters & foopets. But actually after being online this morning I noticed that alot of my internet content is also just very slow. Even slower than before I ran CCleaner.

The following may help others assist you better:

Did you run CCleaner with default settings?

Did you place a checkmark anywhere including the advanced settings?

Is Old Prefetch Data in Advanced Settings checked? Some believe this option may slows down the system.

Have you changed any other setting unrelated to Ccleaner?

Is Firefox your browser? changes in network.http.sendRefererHeader may adversely affect internet content

Are you using a firewall? recent change?

Slow internet content in general may or may not have anything to do with the aforementioned symptoms you described. Have you tried a speedcheck to confirm any changes in speed? Could just be a coincidence.

Have you checked Task Manager, what programs are running, and memory usage?

You may have something in your system that shouldn't be there have you tried running either Malawarebytes or Superantispyware?

Have you tried Eusing Free Registry Cleaner?

Eusing Feree Registry Defrag?

From your description it would appear there may be more than one thing going on with your system that may or may not a result of CCleaner. Let us know if any of the aforementioned help.

• Moderators

Have you tried Eusing Free Registry Cleaner?

I do hope that you are not suggesting the poster uses these products as a way of solving their problem.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Candidly, I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. Maybe you're just bored and want to keep busy.

I can 100% guarantee you one thing, if you get out of line on here your stay will be very short lived. That and I do notice what your member name reads as backwards. You won't get anymore warnings!

Candidly, I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. Maybe you're just bored and want to keep busy.

You are an absolute idiot.

Hazel is a valued moderator, as is Andavari.

They are far to busy trying to protect the innocent from stupid advice.

What is at issue is NOT that a moderator may use dangerous tools because of your post,

but that Manda has admitted "Being somewhat naive about some computer topics (such as this)"

and is looking for advice to solve her problem.

Now much of your post is acceptably asking questions that might clarify the nature/cause of the problem,

BUT

It is better to refer malware problems to a relevant forum such as

Piriform Community Forums > Computer Help and Discussion > Spyware Hell

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

rather than to suggest unskilled use by the naive of Malawarebytes or Superantispyware.

N.B. Some technical forums permit only specially approved experts to advise on malware,

and the un-approved are likely to be immediately banned.

Far worse you concluded with

"Have you tried Eusing Free Registry Cleaner?

... Let us know if any of the aforementioned help."

How can that be anything other than an irresponsible suggestion that Manda should aggravate her situation by using registry purging tools with far greater power than CCleaner,

and you imply that this will help, with no warning that an ERUNT backup is an essential pre-requisite.

It is like someone saying "I feel unwell and had Syrup of Figs last night"

and passerby saying "Use some drain cleaner and you will feel different tomorrow"

Alan