Defraggler 2.00.230

furnitureman

Hi, welcome to the forums.

It seems that CCleaner v3.0 and Defraggler v2.0 both have dropped support for anything older than Windows XP.

This is probably due to the sheer age of the older systems and the difficulty of keeping everything compatible, but I don't know 'cause I'm not a dev.

[speculation]perhaps if Windows XP weren't so widely used, that'd have lost support too[/speculation]

at any rate, Defraggler v1.x should still work for you :)

I was also very disappointed to find that this new version does not work with Windows 2000. What's so great about this new version if it does not do what I need it to do?

I have a few old Windows 2000 workhorses still around. If you expect me to upgrade the OS on these computers just so I can use your products, this is not going to happen.

I guess I will just have to start using Ultra Defrag instead. I don't care for the interface as much but on the other hand I think it does a much better job of defragmenting a hard drive than Defraggler. Ultra Defrag even works with NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. Ultra Defrag can do just about anything Defraggler can do including boot time defragmenting.

Mod Edit: You may complain that Defraggler does not do what you want it to do, but please do not post links to a competitor product.

Defraggler 1.29.X works very well on my 2 OLD Win2K boxes, not that they are used much these days, nor is my Win 2000 Server, after all Folks it is 2010........well nearly 2011.

One has to draw the line in the sand "somewhere" (Microsoft does not support Win2K anymore either)....So like me if you wish to operate with yesterdays old shoes you need to use your old socks (if you get my drift).

By the way Windows XP and Windows 7 are a much better OS, OPPS! sorry I don't think one can even purchase XP any more, why not shout yourself an upgrade to Windows 7? They tell me you could still use that old 1991 (no GUI) Ultra Defrag SW.

PS: you could then use the old PC for a "Ubuntu" (Linux) installation. B)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"