My Yahoo email is appearing funny

guy20uk

Basically, when i go to my yahoo mail,

the text font and size is completely different, like it needs refreshing or something.

But it is always like this and has been like this for weeks, and also i cannot send emails. when i compose a messge or reply, there is no space to type my message, and im unable to send anything.

Is this happening to anyone else. Im worried because the past few weeks ive messed with my comp a little bit trying to delete fodlers and stuff. i messed with the registry a little aswell, i deleted a url key or something, but doubt this would do it?

How do i get my yahoo back!

• Moderators

The recent problems you've had sound like something is going on in your PC, possibly malware related, but that won't be known unless you post a HijackThis log. If you haven't done so already read this thread follow its instructions, and then post a HijackThis log for analysis in the proper forum section which is here.

• 3 weeks later...

You should probably try clean your computer then be very cautions of security routines and what kind of software you install.

You can also try if it works with another webbrowser.

But as someone said, I think it is some adware/malware. You should definitly try clean your PC. Run CCleaner, some anti adware scanner, and antivirus scanner.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Ive ran adaware and cc cleaners several times, but my yahoo is still appearing funny and im unable to send emails most of the time.

anyone else get this? my yahoo is pretty much fine, its just when i access email, the text is completely different - a plain text and the writing is a little bigger, and the page just doesnt look right basically. and when i try to email someone, there is no box to enter my message and will not send anything

oh btw, guys i am completly new when it comes to computers, sorry! :huh:

i dont even know what hijacking means, or what u mean when u post that up?? completly lost with all of that. god i hate computers sometimes lol!

any suggestiosn why this is happening? thanx guys

Double check that when you are visiting the page that yiour text size is at medium; View - Text Size - Medium.

Also, use www.ewido.com anti-spyware, download, update, and run that. Also scan your PC for viruses, use this program, and update it, then scan

http://www.my-etrust.com/SubscriptCenter/M...gistration.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

tried the text size, still no change. and also downloaded your suggestion. still no change.

plus this is starting to happen on other sites, but not as often. wot is going on with my pc?? im so annoyed. feel like getting a new one lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My first question is, are u using IE ? If not then ignore me :)

And I may have mis-understood ur problem, so forgive me !

From what I understand, the page u are loading is not displaying properly - looks not completely loaded ? Basic fonts, colours, etc. ?

If this is the case it sounds like the stylesheet is not working. This is disable thru IE (Tools / Internet Options - click on Accessability on the General tab)

If any of the Formatting options are check, you could have a bland web-page.

And before anyone says anything, these all can be changed by messing with the registry also.

But if ur not using IE (and why would u ?) then I'm not sure :(

Probably hasn't helped, but good luck !

Burt

• Moderators
If this is the case it sounds like the stylesheet is not working.

23607[/snapback]

Possible reason. I had to stop using Yahoo TV and switch to Zap2it TV Listings to get my weekly television schedule because Yahoo updated the site and in doing so made it virtually unusable with Opera and Mozilla Suite, and I surely won't use Internet Explorer just to get it.