CCleaner - Check Boxes after scan. Uncheck/check

vemo

Hello,

I have a suggestion for CCleaner, and that is that it will have the feature to check things from the scanned items' list.

Because when you scan in the main "Cleaner"-window, you just see the things that are found, you can't choose what to remove.

In that case, you have to uncheck/check the items in the list to the left, and then rescan, which might waste some unnecessary time.

Kind regards,

Vemo

:)

Yes, you can. Right click on the item and select clean.

Ok, thanks for the tip, but I'm suggesting a better way; using check boxes.

Otherwise you have to right-click every item which, in my opinion, is less handy. ^^

Vemo

• Moderators

Ok, thanks for the tip, but I'm suggesting a better way; using check boxes.

Welcome to the forums!:)

Sounds like a good feature actually! Who knows how the dev team would implement such a thing though like your check boxes preference, or something already built into Windows like highlighting what to remove with Alt+A ("to select all") or Alt+A+Click (to deselect a single item).

• Moderators

Wait so are you suggesting that for the cleaner section you have something like is there for registry?

<_< not so sure that'd work what with the fact that there can be thousands of internet cache alone

for instance I just booted my computer, this is the only page i've been to and I already have 914 temporary internet files

most people don't understand t.i.f.s enough to know that they are all ok to delete and so they'd be going through a checking each one.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Wait so are you suggesting that for the cleaner section you have something like is there for registry?

<_< not so sure that'd work what with the fact that there can be thousands of internet cache alone

for instance I just booted my computer, this is the only page i've been to and I already have 914 temporary internet files

most people don't understand t.i.f.s enough to know that they are all ok to delete and so they'd be going through a checking each one.

No, all the temp files are grouped under one... so from the 'results' you can check everything you want to remove. For example, everything except the 'Recycle Bin'.

Simplicity is hard.

Welcome to the forums!:)

Sounds like a good feature actually! Who knows how the dev team would implement such a thing though like your check boxes preference, or something already built into Windows like highlighting what to remove with Alt+A ("to select all") or Alt+A+Click (to deselect a single item).

Hello,

Thanks for welcoming me, and thanks for the support!

It shouldn't be too hard to implement. It's no rocket science, really :P

As ishan_rulz said:

No, all the temp files are grouped under one... so from the 'results' you can check everything you want to remove. For example, everything except the 'Recycle Bin'.

So that won't be a problem, because I mean every group, not every single file :o hehe

• Moderators

So that won't be a problem, because I mean every group, not every single file :o hehe

So isn't that already available by not checking the boxes (which are already available) in the first place?

i.e. if you don't want recyclebin just uncheck it before you analysis and/or clean.

I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer just trying to wrap m'head around this idea.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

So isn't that already available by not checking the boxes (which are already available) in the first place?

i.e. if you don't want recyclebin just uncheck it before you analysis and/or clean.

I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer just trying to wrap m'head around this idea.

Yes, that's one possibility, but I'm suggesting a feature that allows you to check boxes after scan as well, not only before.

Let's say I'm scanning all items. It takes like 40 seconds. Then I realize "Oh, I don't want to remove Google Chrome passwords.". In that case with this current version, I'd have to uncheck it in the menu to the left, and then rescan, wasting another 40 secs.

• 2 weeks later...

After trying to conceive what he wanted, I think I have the answer.

Although technically you can uncheck an item after a scan, then rescan, he must be wanting a "live" checkbox. That is, CCleaner updates the information on the fly. You can uncheck or check items while CCleaner is cleaning instead of wasting the time to do another scan.

This might, however, be a little tricky to achieve.

After trying to conceive what he wanted, I think I have the answer.

Although technically you can uncheck an item after a scan, then rescan, he must be wanting a "live" checkbox. That is, CCleaner updates the information on the fly. You can uncheck or check items while CCleaner is cleaning instead of wasting the time to do another scan.

This might, however, be a little tricky to achieve.

You got that right! :)

It should not be too complicated, as mentioned. Programming is not really limited in what you can create. ^^

But, still it's just a suggestion :P

• Moderators

Whilst waiting for this to be implemented you could of course run Anaylse, then uncheck the boxes on the left that you don't want to clean, and just run Clean without the second Analyse. CC probably does an internal analyse anyway, but it would save one click and a few seconds.

Whilst waiting for this to be implemented you could of course run Anaylse, then uncheck the boxes on the left that you don't want to clean, and just run Clean without the second Analyse. CC probably does an internal analyse anyway, but it would save one click and a few seconds.

Oh, it actually works that way..cool..^^

Hello,

Because when you scan in the main "Cleaner"-window, you just see the things that are found, you can't choose what to remove.

* Confused! What kind of internet trash do you always see that you want to keep? Just curious!