Itunes srewed me over

Vanguard382

I need help really bad!!!

Well i bought music from itunes a few times and have like 100 or more songs from them...

The only probelm is it asks me to authorize my account to listen to them.

I try and say you can only authorize it to 5 computers.

The only problem is i have only ever authorized it to my computer but have reformated so i guess it thinks that is a diffrent computer...

So i am suck with a bunch of music which i can not listen to...

Any one know a way i can fix this problem!!

Just one reason why DRM (Digital Rights Management, or rather Digital Restriction Management) sucks.

.wmv and such formats with DRM's are bad for you and you should stay away from them.

.mp3 and .ogg is good.

Sucks that you have payed for the music, and now cant listen to them.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators
Just one reason why DRM (Digital Rights Management, or rather Digital Restriction Management) sucks.

.wmv and such formats with DRM's are bad for you and you should stay away from them.

.mp3 and .ogg is good.

Sucks that you have payed for the music, and now cant listen to them.

It indeed sucks! .mp3 is good (LAME vbr encoded that is), however for lossy I lean more towards .mpc and .ogg since they have gapless playback.

I don't buy any DRM'd music because many years ago after buying just one .wma and after a disk format I could no longer play the file. I also don't use .wma or any other audio codec that may accidentally have DRM enabled.

The whole DRM thing is a reason to just go to a record store and buy the audio CD (which under current terms means you don't actually own the audio CD, you have only purchased a license to use it an unlimited amount of times). I also stay away from copy-protected/copy-damaged audio CD's which is just more DRM b.s.

Even if you own the music you downloaded, if the file is DRM'd its illegal to circumvent the protection because of the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) which is a very stupid law.

.wma and any format which uses DRM should be strongly avoided.

You supposedly can convert it by burning it to a Audio CD in Windows Media Player, then rip them back to mp3, or even better ogg vorbis. :)

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

Yeh, but now you ended up having todo additional purchases in order to listen to which you legally own the right to listen to since you bought them.

I think that you should contact Apple and explain that you are very upset and frustrated about their stupid DRM formats.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png